none
Maximize / Minimize all "Windows Explorer" windows

Answers

All replies

• The little grey bar just to the right of the "Date/Time" on the task bar will minimize and mximize open window (show desktop).
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 2:06 PM
  •  Thanks.

But I donn mean to minimize all running windows, I just want to minimize or maximize the windows in a certain program only (ex. Windows explorer, Internet Explorer, .... ).

Try this:
    Open "Internet explorer window", and some "windows explorer" windows and make all windows minimized except "Internet explorer". Now click on show desktop Icon, It will minimize and maximize ONLY Internet explorer window and if you want to show all "Windows Explorer" windows, you have to click on them respectively.
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 3:02 PM
  •  

There is a quick way to minimize them all except the ‘current’ window, simply grab it at the top (depress and hold down left button), shake the window from side to side a few times and the other windows will minimize. Repeat the shaking to maximize them.

Friday, January 23, 2009 2:21 PM
  • Let me rephrase the ancient question; if I right-click the Explorer group on the taskbar in Windows XP I get a "Minimize Group" option in the context menu. How can I get the same functionality in Windows7? (Not something close like minimize most Explorer windows, not something more expansive like Show Desktop, not something wildly different like Snap, but exactly the same functionality?)
    Sunday, May 09, 2010 6:47 PM
  • Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and while holding down the Shift key click the Right mouse button....

Shift+Right click

Friday, July 23, 2010 4:50 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem.
    Monday, February 21, 2011 3:09 PM
  • This works, excellent. Thank you.  shift plus right click on the respective application on the taskbar.
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 3:02 PM