Windows Vista SP1 RC Available to the Public

Question

• We are pleased to announce the general availability of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Release Candidate (RC). It can be downloaded from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb738089.aspx. Please use this forum to discuss any issues with SP1.

A couple of caveats:

• We want to remind you that Windows Vista SP1 RC is pre-release software, time-limited, and is intended for IT professionals, developers, and other technically-inclined individuals that are comfortable using pre-release software.
    • Please be sure to read all release notes and installation instructions carefully before downloading and installing Windows Vista SP1 RC.

Cheers,

-Tony Mann

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 6:19 AM
    Owner

All replies

• I have Dell XPS M1330 with Vista Ultimate loaded.
    I installed Vista SP1 RC1 in it.
    but after that my OS became unstable, and more problem of
    hanging of machine. even at that time Ctrl + Alt + Del. also
    not worked.

I uninstalled it, and going fine again..

Any one else with same problem..???

Any microsoft guy..???

Regards,
    Dave

Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:12 AM
  • first post dec 11.
    second post jan 16.

are you kidding me?

why?
    Monday, January 21, 2008 2:40 AM
  • When is the Launch date for Windows Vista SP1 ?.

i heard it is around FEB 15.

Regards
    waran
    Saturday, January 26, 2008 6:02 PM
  • I installed the first public Beta of Vista SP1 on my new PC with Vista Home Premium. Then I upgraded to Vista Ultimate. Now I cannot find the Vista SP1 package in Program and Features or Windows Update installed programs, yet when I try to install the refresh, it says I already have SP1. I have repeatedly tried to run the registry hack and access Windows Update, but I never see the SP1 available and downloading the full SP1 and trying to run it says that it is already installed. The registry, Help->About Windows and System shows Version 6.0 (Build 6001: Service Pack 1, v.668). Is there a Windows Update cleaner or registry hack that will remove the traces of this older service pack?
    Sunday, January 27, 2008 5:06 PM

• Tony,

As my machiine was one of the those involved in the in-advertant SP1 release for 64 bit machines last week

http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9876775-56.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Perhaps you could confirm

1/ This was the actual code that is going to be released ?

2/ That I will not have to undertake any remedial action when the final Service pack comes out ?

Personally I am pleased it's ended up on my desktop, it's actually solved some issues and does not appear to have created any new ones for me.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 12:29 AM

• Hello Tony ?  Hello Microsoft ?

What I can excuse is a mistake where somepeople ended up with Service Pack 1 early as a result of an error.

What I can't excuse is the total lack of response from any microsoft representatives when asked direct questions about the incident

I ask AGAIN

1/ Was this the actual code that is going to be released ?  - simple yes or no

2/ Will I have to take any remedial action when the final Service pack comes out ?

http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9876775-56.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Thank you

Friday, February 29, 2008 3:58 PM
  • Hi Roy,

I don't know what you mean by "any Microsoft representatives," but in the Windows Vista forums, we try to answer all questions as soon as possible. As I hope you can imagine, there are lots of questions, so sometimes there is a delay in answering any single question (and sometimes we even have vacations and illnesses  ).

Anyway, let me answer your questions:

1. Yes, this was the actual code (x64 only).

2. You will have to take no remedial action if you wanted the 64-bit SP1 RTM.

Cheers,

-Tony Mann

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 7:02 AM
    Owner