none
Windows XP SP3 x64 bit

Question

• 1.Will windows XP SP3 be available to x64 bit users also ?

2. Will the update be available through MicroSoft Update ?

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:32 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

no cause XP x86 is 5.1 kernel

and XP x64 is 5.2 kernel (same like Win2003 Server)
    XP x64's SP2 (12. März 2007) is much much newer than XP x86's SP2 (9. August 2004).

BR,

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:39 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

no cause XP x86 is 5.1 kernel

and XP x64 is 5.2 kernel (same like Win2003 Server)
    XP x64's SP2 (12. März 2007) is much much newer than XP x86's SP2 (9. August 2004).

BR,

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:39 PM
  • Dude, if the reply is so painful, could you just NOT POST IT?  I'm sure there are plenty of people here that could have answered it politely.  Just because someone buys a dual core X64 chip and MOBO doesn't mean they are an expert on all flavors of M$ operating systems.

BTW - You need to work on your english...

Thursday, May 15, 2008 10:00 PM
  • actually you can install it on x64 and if you use WindowsUpdate or MicrosoftUpdate you will be prompted to install it regardless of which version you are running.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:53 PM
  • THANK YOU. Yes, I agree getlostyoulittlepest is very rude.

Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:19 PM
  • calm down guys! I came here through google and my question is answered perfectly! So thanks.
    Maybe it is a lame question, here. But it is no help if it was answered like "did you try google?" ... Well, I bet most people find the theads with google so such kind of recursion is of no use :-)
    (at least delete the threads if no one wants to answer. Link back to google is of no use)
    just want to mention this issue.

(still having trouble with xp64 but now I know it is _NOT_ due to "missing SP3" :-) )
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:47 AM
  • But why Microsoft or MSN did not made live messenger 9.1 for windows xp x64:S and a few more software are not compatible for x64 xp. Does Mocrosoft doesnot wants XP x64?
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:49 PM
  • There is no requirement to "get some basic knowledge" before posting, nor to abide by an rules made up by you. If you want to find someone to bully, I suggest you buy a mirror.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:57 AM
  • Well Messenger 9.1 (aka 14.0) Does work on Xp 64bit, only the installer of Windows Live Essentials won't work on XP 64bit.
    If you install the messenger.msi directly it does work, and i thought it would even work if you disable the OS check of the wlinstaller.exe, microsoft just doesn't care about xp 64bit anymore, because virtually no one uses it anymore, although it's a very good OS, because of the 5.2 kernel.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:57 PM
  • I agree, every expert is a novice at something. Just because you feel this is a petty question, doesn't mean it's okay to put someone down. Someday you will be the novice asking experts a question (that is if your career allows you to grow).
    Monday, May 02, 2011 7:37 PM
  • oh no not again this question....

if you are an x64 platform user, you should be above the avarage and actually know that x64 edition of windows xp has the codebase of the windows 2003 server platform and not the windows xp client platform...

for windows xp x64 (amd64/emt64) you need to get the windows 2003 servicepacks (for x64 ofcourse).
    it has "nothing" to do with the normal 32bit platform of windows xp home/professional/mediacenter/tabletpc....

so for x64 edition of windows xp there is sp2 (the windows 2003 server related stuff) and updates accordingly. sp3 which has been released now only applies to the 32bit x86/i386 platform (xp starter/pro/home/mediacenter/tablet....)

get some basic knowledge first before posting

good answer but no wonder why you are have no friend and sh@g your self at home alone everynight because of the way you speak.

BR

Saturday, May 21, 2011 7:59 AM
  • "get some basic knowledge first before posting" 

Just sayin'....no need to be rude to a stranger who just may not know. I had no idea and google the matter to learn. 

I saw a couple here being rude for no reason. Grow some common respect for people. Or better yet, grow up.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:50 AM
  • nice
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:38 PM