none
kb971033

Question

• This update installed and informes me htat my copy of windows was not genuine! I am with in the 90 trial period! about 45 days or so. What gives? Is htaqt the response from that update i should be getting? Did i not install the evaluation copy correctly? Also this version of Win7 Is not in any way shape or form compatable with my HP Photosmart 4599 printer! Works in vista and XP with out issue. In the Win & environment does not function at all. Have followed every tip and trouble shooting method from Windows and Hp both. Nothing seems to remedy the lack of printing issue i am having. So there you go!

Windows states my copy is not legal! and My hp c4599 printer is just a paper weight with this system. Other thanj that all is ok!

Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This update is capable of detecting whether you’re having an original version of windows 7 by looking over 70 known and potentially dangerous activation and hacking exploits. With this update KB971033, Microsoft intends to notify it’s users whether they’re having a legitimate copy of windows7 or whether they’ve been tricked into buying a counterfeit software.

This update is intended for the RTM version. As the 90-day Trial version will not require a product key (it is embedded with the download),it will not pass the detection.And the 90-day Trial will shut down once every hour when you have reached the end of the 90-day evaluation period.It is recommended to make a switch to the RTM version.please note that you will be required to purchase and perform a clean installation of Windows 7, including drivers and applications. ; Windows 7 Enterprise is not available through retail channels.

If the validation update detects any validation errors and activation exploits, then you’ll be redirected to internet for the resolution of this error. And when the exploits and errors are removed, you’ll be asked to activate the Windows copy using genuine license keys. After that, you’ll be periodically notified that you’re copy of Windows7 is not genuine until you format your drive or install a fresh ‘genuine’ or ‘pirated’ copy of win7.

After the 90-day Trial expires, if you wish to continue to use Windows 7 Enterprise, please note that you will be required to purchase and perform a clean installation of Windows 7, including drivers and applications.

Monday, March 01, 2010 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This update is capable of detecting whether you’re having an original version of windows 7 by looking over 70 known and potentially dangerous activation and hacking exploits. With this update KB971033, Microsoft intends to notify it’s users whether they’re having a legitimate copy of windows7 or whether they’ve been tricked into buying a counterfeit software.

This update is intended for the RTM version. As the 90-day Trial version will not require a product key (it is embedded with the download),it will not pass the detection.And the 90-day Trial will shut down once every hour when you have reached the end of the 90-day evaluation period.It is recommended to make a switch to the RTM version.please note that you will be required to purchase and perform a clean installation of Windows 7, including drivers and applications. ; Windows 7 Enterprise is not available through retail channels.

If the validation update detects any validation errors and activation exploits, then you’ll be redirected to internet for the resolution of this error. And when the exploits and errors are removed, you’ll be asked to activate the Windows copy using genuine license keys. After that, you’ll be periodically notified that you’re copy of Windows7 is not genuine until you format your drive or install a fresh ‘genuine’ or ‘pirated’ copy of win7.

After the 90-day Trial expires, if you wish to continue to use Windows 7 Enterprise, please note that you will be required to purchase and perform a clean installation of Windows 7, including drivers and applications.

Monday, March 01, 2010 6:57 AM
  • Monday, March 01, 2010 8:12 AM
  • In addition to Magon_67’s opinion, The 90-day Trial download will be available through March 31, 2010, while supplies last.

For more information, please refer to the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495.aspx

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 6:00 AM
  • There are a lot of programs etc that no longer work in Windows 7. If they worked in Windows XP, heres the fix. Go to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7 and learn how to install Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode onto your system. Its like having Windows XP inside your Windows 7 system. Now you can install ALL the stuff you miss.

Rbonte6245

Monday, May 21, 2012 2:15 PM