none
No signal error when turning off my new Computer on Monitor

Question

• Hi i have a Windows 7 based computer home premium when it turns off it says no signal on the monitor

Iwas smart enough to figure out that this is not related to the Monitor itself but to drivers ..... Tried to go via device manager But this is not working

Both my desktop aspire M7721 and monitor are ACER made, monitor type is X243HD 

Anybody any tips on how to to fix this .....Did a already a format of my windows partition but this wasn t it helping either

Thanks for all the tips

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:25 PM

Answers

• Let me get this straight - when you turn off the computer the monitor says No Signal?

I'm really sorry, but... do the words "Well DUH!" mean anything to you?  Of course it would say that, it's not getting a signal from the computer any more.

However, if you mean when you first turn it on it says No Signal then that's a different matter.  How is the monitor connected?  DVI, HDMI or VGA?  What model of video card do you have?  What version of Windows 7, 32- or 64-bit?

Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:05 AM

All replies

• Let me get this straight - when you turn off the computer the monitor says No Signal?

I'm really sorry, but... do the words "Well DUH!" mean anything to you?  Of course it would say that, it's not getting a signal from the computer any more.

However, if you mean when you first turn it on it says No Signal then that's a different matter.  How is the monitor connected?  DVI, HDMI or VGA?  What model of video card do you have?  What version of Windows 7, 32- or 64-bit?

Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:05 AM
  • The Pc is Windows 7 Based 64 bit

This problem was fixed after updating my Hardware Firmware s .  Thanks very much for the assistance

tom_van_broeckhoven@hotmail.com

Monday, March 05, 2012 10:08 PM