none
Outlook 2003 and Windows 7 problem tells me password and username incorrect.

Question

• I also have a problem opening outlook 2003 after installing Windows7. I tells me I have the wrong username and password. I know it is correct I have used the ISP to check it at their end. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no luck. Can anyone help?
    Thursday, July 08, 2010 5:25 PM

Answers

• The mechanism used by Outlook 2003 to save passwords no longer is present in Windows 7.  You can retain the username passwords during a single session, but they will not be remembered, as the storage mechanism for them no longer exists.

You might consider XP Mode if you need to retain Outlook 2003, or else upgrade your version of Outlook.

steve

I also have a problem opening outlook 2003 after installing Windows7. I tells me I have the wrong username and password. I know it is correct I have used the ISP to check it at their end. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no luck. Can anyone help?
    Friday, July 09, 2010 6:49 PM
  • Hi,

If the above suggestions cannot fix the issue for you. It is recommended to submit a new question to Outlook IT Pro Discussions Forum. The correct forum will address the issue for you effectively.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 8:18 AM

All replies

• I also have a problem opening outlook 2003 after installing Windows7. I tells me I have the wrong username and password. I know it is correct I have used the ISP to check it at their end. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no luck. Can anyone help?

Clarification I can open it but can't use the mail service.
    Thursday, July 08, 2010 5:25 PM
  • This is an issue that you must solve with the ISP

They should be able to tell you what you are passing to them.

what error do you get??

Thursday, July 08, 2010 6:54 PM
  • The mechanism used by Outlook 2003 to save passwords no longer is present in Windows 7.  You can retain the username passwords during a single session, but they will not be remembered, as the storage mechanism for them no longer exists.

You might consider XP Mode if you need to retain Outlook 2003, or else upgrade your version of Outlook.

steve

I also have a problem opening outlook 2003 after installing Windows7. I tells me I have the wrong username and password. I know it is correct I have used the ISP to check it at their end. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no luck. Can anyone help?
    Friday, July 09, 2010 6:49 PM
  • Hi,

If the above suggestions cannot fix the issue for you. It is recommended to submit a new question to Outlook IT Pro Discussions Forum. The correct forum will address the issue for you effectively.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 8:18 AM