none
install.wim

Question

• Dear Microsoft Tech.Supporters,

I download Vista Rc1 today and start installation but it failed coz it shows that "Windows cannot open the file required file :\Sources\install.wim. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Eror Code: 0x8007000D

When i check the dvd media also it has install.wim file. (and i sure the file is not corrupt)

Please help me asap. Thanks for all.

Sincerely..

Thursday, October 12, 2006 8:58 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

I suspect a bad download here. Download the iso again and try a fresh installation.

Regards,

Lakmal

Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:13 AM
  • I got that too.  So instead of the dvd, I used the iso file and it worked fine.
    Thursday, October 12, 2006 6:06 PM
  • To ensure it's not corruptted or corruptted, do the following steps:

1-Copy entire DVD contents to local source folder named for example: "WINDOWS VISTA".

2- Perform the setup process as clean installation (UPGRADING BETA SOFTWARE NOT RECOMMENDED).

And to do this , follow steps shown in this post: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=796452&SiteID=17

Try it and let me in know.

Good luck

Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:25 PM
  • guys, here's the solution for all that cannot find "install.wim":

size of *iso should be 2.6 gb. if you download it from MS website using IE or download manager, it will fail and you'll get around 2.4 GB. use Opera (opera.com) to download this file, and you'll get full 2.6 GB *ISO

rodikkoles

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:02 PM
  • Thanks for your add, but that's not practical solution.

Friday, November 10, 2006 12:24 PM
  •  petted wrote:

Dear Microsoft Tech.Supporters,

I download Vista Rc1 today and start installation but it failed coz it shows that "Windows cannot open the file required file :\Sources\install.wim. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Eror Code: 0x8007000D

When i check the dvd media also it has install.wim file. (and i sure the file is not corrupt)

Please help me asap. Thanks for all.

Sincerely..

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:23 PM
  • How did you do that?

Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:53 PM
  •  How'd  ypu do that?
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 7:10 PM