none
iPhone not recognized in Windows 7

Answers

• works fine for me. Make sure you install the latest iTunes before you try plugging in the phone. If you don't have the apple mobile device drivers installed it will not work. My iPhone 3g works fine on Windows 7 x86, x64 using both iPhone OS 2.x and 3.0.
    I have un-installed and re-installed iTunes 8.1.1.10 without success. I have also extracted the apple mobile device driver and installed in Vista compatibility mode but the phone is still not recognised. Other hardware installed in the same USB port work OK so it looks to be a driver issue My iPhone is a 2G running FW 2.1 Action Center / troubleshooting hardware problems did not produce an answer
    I have managed to figure it out.

I found that the connection between the USB cable and the dock had become dislodged slightly, once the connection had been re-established the phone was recognised and installed.
    Friday, May 01, 2009 9:09 AM

All replies

• Your 'chipset drivers' probably include the USB drivers. You can put the chipset install file on the desktop and rightclick for 'troubleshoot compatibility' for the Vista drivers, or you can go to the maker website for any recent driver improvements for Win 7. The release candidate is going to spur many more hardware makers to issue new drivers. If no luck, you will have to go the IPhone for an upgrade to 7.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:58 PM
  • Have you done any troubleshooting? If so, what have you done so far?
    Tyrone D.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:00 PM
  • works fine for me. Make sure you install the latest iTunes before you try plugging in the phone. If you don't have the apple mobile device drivers installed it will not work. My iPhone 3g works fine on Windows 7 x86, x64 using both iPhone OS 2.x and 3.0.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:21 PM
    I have un-installed and re-installed iTunes 8.1.1.10 without success. I have also extracted the apple mobile device driver and installed in Vista compatibility mode but the phone is still not recognised. Other hardware installed in the same USB port work OK so it looks to be a driver issue My iPhone is a 2G running FW 2.1 Action Center / troubleshooting hardware problems did not produce an answer
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:04 PM
    I have managed to figure it out. I found that the connection between the USB cable and the dock had become dislodged slightly, once the connection had been re-established the phone was recognised and installed.
    Friday, May 01, 2009 9:08 AM
    I have managed to figure it out.

I found that the connection between the USB cable and the dock had become dislodged slightly, once the connection had been re-established the phone was recognised and installed.
    Friday, May 01, 2009 9:09 AM
  • At first I was skeptical about your advice, but when I saw that so many people were writing the same thing ,I decided to try it out.... IT WORKED!!!

Thank you!!!

Friday, June 04, 2010 8:26 AM
  • At first I was skeptical about your advice, but when I saw that so many people were writing the same thing ,I decided to try it out.... IT WORKED!!!

Thank you!!!

I was also skeptical but darned if it didn't work with a different cable!
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:47 PM