none
Cannot Run Any Programs!

Question

• Hi there!

I just bought a new, LG netbook with Windows 7 already installed. I downloaded an anti-virus program (COMODO) and an anti-spyware program (Spyware Terminator) and now cannot use ANY of my programs or applications. I mean it - not a single one.

These are the two error messages I get each time I try to start a program:

- "Not enough quota is available to process this command."
    - " Can't open this item. It might have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Do you want to remove this item?"

Also, I can access any items through Windows Explorer EXCEPT for those with a security icon beside the name.

I have tried restarting, removing programs (it says I do not have permission), and checking the quota allowance (it won't open the tab).

Help! Please!
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 4:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    Since the problem exists after you install the anti-virus software and anti-spyware, you can shut down them or have a clean boot to have a try.
    You can refer to this to have a clean boot. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can enable half of the total disabled startup and services each time to see what service disturb your program.

If it doesn’t work, you can do the following steps to have a try.
    1. Change the maximum amount of offline files.
    1.    Open Control Panel -> Offline Files.
    2.    Enable Offline Files and restart the computer.
    3.    Open Control Panel -> Offline Files.
    4.    On the Disk Usage tab, click Change Limits and increase both “Maximum amount of space all offline files can use:” and “Maximum amount of space temporary offline files can use:” and click OK.

2. Increase the virtual memory. You can do the following steps:
    1. Type “sysmd.cpl”
    2.In the left pane, click Advanced system settings.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3.On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
    4.Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.
    5.Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    6.Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    7.Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK.

3. Create a new acount with Administrator privileges to see whether the problem has been solved.
    If the problem has been solved, you can refer to this to fix the profile: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

If you have some other problems, please post here.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:23 AM