none
Windows 7 with xp mode "Full Screen Mode"

Question

• Hello from Stev8d.

In windows Xp I can have "Full Screen Mode"

I'm Running Windows 7 and also Installed XP Mode for Windows 7

With XP Mode will it not be possible please to run a  "Full Screen Mode"

IF it has I must be doing something wrong as it will not run my 16 bit application an old Dos Database, but it works in Windows XP.

Thankyou

Friday, July 03, 2009 10:44 PM

Answers

• DOS application won't run in fullscreen mode with integration features. This is a known limitation.
    From tools menu --> Disable integration features and try again. This should allow DOS application to run in full screen mode.
    Thanks, -Vinod -- "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use."
    • Marked as answer by Steve8d Saturday, July 04, 2009 10:36 PM
    Saturday, July 04, 2009 2:22 AM

All replies

• DOS application won't run in fullscreen mode with integration features. This is a known limitation.
    From tools menu --> Disable integration features and try again. This should allow DOS application to run in full screen mode.
    Thanks, -Vinod -- "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use."
    • Marked as answer by Steve8d Saturday, July 04, 2009 10:36 PM
    Saturday, July 04, 2009 2:22 AM
  • Hello Vinod from Steve8d

Thankyou

Saturday, July 04, 2009 10:37 PM
  • "DOS application won't run in fullscreen mode with integration features. This is a known limitation.
    From tools menu --> Disable integration features and try again. This should allow DOS application to run in full screen mode."

Could you provide me with the location of the TOOLS menu.  I have Windows 7 RC operating and have looked in the System Tools, the Icon compatibility menu  and in the Control Panel with no luck.  Thanks.

Edit--- I now see that another half gig XP Mode set of software is apparently necessary to run dos full screen mode in Win 7.  Keeping Windows XP on a separate disk appears to be a more practical solution at this point.  Thanks anyway.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:17 PM
  • Try dis i used dis to play the old prince of persia Game ...it worked fyn fo me..

http://www.bestoldgames.net/dosbox/download.php?get=DOSBox-0.63-install

But u need to mount ua c:

z:\ mount c c:\

it supports nly 8 char length of directory names... !!!!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:10 AM
  • Hello Vinod, thanx for your info.

For others, the "Tools" menu is in the XP Mode screen.  You must be logged on as the Administrator to continue.

Went there and disabled the integration features - indeed I now have a full DOS window - now, however, when I open WP, it occupies only the center 1/3rd of the screen - this time without borders.  Just sits there in the middle...

How do I get WP to occupy the entire screen?

Why, oh why do they make things so difficult....

Looteye

Sunday, May 08, 2011 6:07 PM
  • Not sure if you will get this.

After two weeks of trying all sorts of sugestions - disabling integration features allowed my old win 95/98 games to load in XP mode.

I first of all set up Virtual Machine and installed XP mode into that. I am actually running 64 bit Win 7 Ultimate.

Thank you Vinod.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 11:33 AM
  • You can try using ExDOS - they a simulated virtual Full Screen mode which works very well, even allows you to change the font the DOS window is displayed in. Looks much better than the native full screen, IMO.

http://www.exdos.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:04 AM