none
How to remove unfinished RC download?

Question

• Hello, my RC got to 99% then stopped.

A freind gave me a copy of the file on DVD, but where do I find the unfinished download so I delete it?

THanks.
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 4:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As Windows 7 RC is downloaded by download manager, please start it, highlight the Windows 7 downloading thread, click Detail button to check if we can find the exact location of the file.

If it doesn’t work, we may have to search for large files and manually find out the file we need to delete. The size of the downloaded file should larger than 2GB.

1. Open My Computer --- Drive C (If it is not downloaded to Drive C or we cannot confirm the exact Drive letter, let's just open My Computer), click on the Search box on the top of the window.

2. Input this:

size:gigantic *.*

This can help us find all files which larger than 128MB. Please click Size to sort files by size. This can help us find large file easier.

As I mentioned, the unfinished file should larger than 2GB so let's try to find out the correct file we need to delete.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to hear that it is found. the file 7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culxfrer_en_dvd.iso.dlm is the one we are going to find.

As we got the installation DVD, let's just directly delete the file from the computer.
    Wednesday, September 02, 2009 1:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As Windows 7 RC is downloaded by download manager, please start it, highlight the Windows 7 downloading thread, click Detail button to check if we can find the exact location of the file.

If it doesn’t work, we may have to search for large files and manually find out the file we need to delete. The size of the downloaded file should larger than 2GB.

1. Open My Computer --- Drive C (If it is not downloaded to Drive C or we cannot confirm the exact Drive letter, let's just open My Computer), click on the Search box on the top of the window.

2. Input this:

size:gigantic *.*

This can help us find all files which larger than 128MB. Please click Size to sort files by size. This can help us find large file easier.

As I mentioned, the unfinished file should larger than 2GB so let's try to find out the correct file we need to delete.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 9:55 AM
  • Ok, thank you for the help.

The download manager will not start, because the download icon opens a webpage, giving me an error message, so the download box never opens.

I searched manually, specified C drive (which is the correct drive), and then input larger than 2GB (Im using XP, so I had to manually type in the amount), I know the download reached 2.95 gig before it stopped.

Funnyly enough, this search returned no results, even though I have numerous games well over that size installed.

*EDIT* I realised hidden and system files were no included, trying with them included.

Is it possible that it is somehow broken up into smaller files or something until its completed?

I will try to search again.
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 10:01 AM
  • Ok, looks as though I have probably found it: File name: 7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culxfrer_en_dvd.iso.dlm Size: 3194 MB (I must have been so close!) So delete that? Is that all I have to do?
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 10:03 AM
  • Bump
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 9:29 PM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to hear that it is found. the file 7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culxfrer_en_dvd.iso.dlm is the one we are going to find.

As we got the installation DVD, let's just directly delete the file from the computer.
    Wednesday, September 02, 2009 1:35 AM