none
Windows 7 Bluetooth Disappears

Question

• I installed Windows 7 RC and attache my Bluetooth Mouse to the system.  Somewhere along the way of installing programs my bluetooth devices in control panel disappeared and the bluetooth disappeared from Device manager.  The wierd thing is that my bluetooth mouse still works.  I just noticed it was missing in control panel and device manager when I went to connect my phone to my laptop.  Does any one have a way of showing the Bluetooth device manager in control panel again?
    Monday, May 11, 2009 2:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you looked in Control Panel >

All Control Panel Items > Devices and Printers for it?
    Monday, May 11, 2009 2:35 PM
  • Hello Ace,

I had the same "problem" on my RC install.
    I found a way to find your bluetooth icon and to make it reappear in the notification area:
    - open your start menu
    - in the search field tape "bluetooth"
    - you should see the blutooth parameter  icon.
    - then uncheck the box saying "put the icon in the notification area", apply the change, recheck the box, reapply.
    - now your bluetooth icon should reapper in the notification area.

Monday, May 11, 2009 3:35 PM
  • Looked and it doesn't find my bluetooth devices.
    Monday, May 11, 2009 5:38 PM
  • Did as your instructions show, but the bluetooth parameter icon does not show up.  It is really wierd.  I can see it in the Registry, and my Bluetooth mouse works perfectly, but It is like the device manager is just ignoring that it is there.  Does anyone know where to delete it in the registry to have it refind the bluetooth again?

Monday, May 11, 2009 5:41 PM
  • I'm having the same issue, but with Logitech mx5000 using win7 rc 64bit. Keyboard & mouse work fine, but my phone doesn't see the computer.

Worked fine in xp pro.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:53 AM
  • Do you have a Dell Laptop.  I found a Thread that had a link to the Bluetooth software for Vista that worked on Windows 7.  My bluetooth is now back showing up in the Device manager and I can not pair all my devices.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/d5807d76-0b6b-4db3-8191-99b24cd0dc3d/
    Friday, May 22, 2009 3:29 PM
  • I have solved the disappearing Bluetooth Devices in the Control panel. I opened the device manager and activated bluetooth radio, before that I opened the task manager - services and activated bthserv and lbtserv and before that I opened the window behind the arrow in the task bar icons of active programs, and set 'show bluetooth icon'. Then it said that it will be shown when it becomes active, while it wasn't active at the moment,  and then I did the other two stages. I think the most important of them is the last one, that I described here the first, the device manager. I closed the bluetooth service by accident from the task manager, resource management, when I was trying to stop Sanctum from lagging in multiplayer when I fire the guns. It didn't help. Windows is stupid, it has always been, so it hid the whole device from even the control panel, except these three places. After doing these steps, it found more Bluetooth services, like the btwdins, and I once again saw the Bluetooth icon in the task bar. It took 60 minutes of my reading time. =))
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 11:40 AM