none
HP LaserJet P1005 on Windows 7?

Question

• Hi all,

I tried to install the above printer on Windows 7 RC1 but the OS can't find the printer,,

I tried serveral workaround but no use..

Can Any one provide me with the solution?

Thanks,,

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:01 AM

Answers

• Hello,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:21 AM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 10:37 AM

All replies

• hi,

can you try to select another model of printer different from your'.

for example : HP LaserJet 2300L PS...

not install from it' own cd... do it manually from Devices and Pritners. Add Printer button and continue then select different model...

regards,

Mumin CICEK | Exchange - MVP | www.cozumpark.com | www.mumincicek.com
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 9:21 AM
  • Hello,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:21 AM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 10:37 AM
  • mmb,

A popular workaround for installing HP printers is described by the poster "Frank El Paso" in this forum thread.
    -Alex
    • Proposed as answer by LimeParrot Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:06 PM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 3:59 PM
  • Hello,
    I had the same problem and there is a simple fix:

"How to get a HP Laserjet p1005 to work on windows 7 RC (might work with other printers to):

Download the "full package" drivers from HP.
    Unzip them (i.e., let it try to install).
    Go to "Devices and Printers" in Control Panel
    Click "Add Printer"
    Click "Have Disk" after the ports and direct it to hpljp1005.inf where it unzipped
    Select the right priner and your done."

That worked for me, except I had to the driver CD that came with my printer and I picked hpljp1005.inf on the CD and it worked like a charm, within 15 seconds and problem solved! Credit: http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?p=781822
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:08 PM
  • I got it to work with the vista dirver no problem, but did any if you get it to print ??

Printer is added, Sharing works, Win 7 recognizes the printer present, but whent I print someting

it says 0 pages to print and it doesn't print at all.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:24 PM
  • So very easy..

1.Connect the printer -- power on -- to your PC (USB)
    3.Press windows logo
    4.Device an printers
    5.Right click  in Printers and Faxes for -->add a printer
    6.select Use an existing port -- USB001(Virtual printer port for USB)--> next
    7.press Have Disk--> inser CD driver in CD drive
    8.Browse--> click autorun.inf file in CD drive
    9.select P1005
    10.OK.......

so easy.....

Monday, August 03, 2009 7:11 AM
  • When I give add a printer....ask me: What type of printer do you want to install?
    1. Add local printer - USE THIS OPTION IF YOU DONT HAVE USB PRINTER. (WINDOWS AUTOMATICALLY INSTALLS USB PRINTERS WHEN YOU PLUG THEM IN)
    ( 2. Add a network, wireless or Bluetoothprinter )

Then in - Use an existing port I havent port for USB :-(
    Monday, August 03, 2009 3:46 PM
  • So very easy..

1.Connect the printer -- power on -- to your PC (USB)
    3.Press windows logo
    4.Device an printers
    5.Right click  in Printers and Faxes for -->add a printer
    6.select Use an existing port -- USB001(Virtual printer port for USB)--> next
    7.press Have Disk--> inser CD driver in CD drive
    8.Browse--> click autorun.inf file in CD drive
    9.select P1005
    10.OK.......

so easy.....

Not So Easy as you say m8..............your 10 steps are CORRECT to have the printer icon in the Device and printeds folder.....but no way you can print any......it just says that printer has pended documents in queue but nothing gonna happen after.....
    Any further help?????
    Friday, August 07, 2009 9:07 AM
  • SOS UN GROSSO, ME SALVASTE DE TENER QUE SEGUIR GOOGLEANDO
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:41 PM
  • I  tried downloading the full and standalone drivers.
    Nothing seems to work, and even with the printer "installed" the printer doesnt print or respond.
    This is really frustrating, and HP REALLY needs to get something working for this.
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 7:46 PM
  • Thanks all

HP promise in their website to provide the driver at the end of this month (nov 2009)

Thursday, November 05, 2009 4:50 AM
  • Sorry but can you give me the link where i can download the full package drivers, thnx
    Saturday, December 05, 2009 11:39 AM
  • Hello All,

I had the same problems after first buying a system with Vista.
    Received the upgrade to Windows 7 and installed it.
    After installing my P1005 didn't work anymore.

Solution:
    Uninstall the drivers that were sold with the printer.
    Go to

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3435676&lc=nl&cc=nl&dlc=nl&lang=nl&cc=nl

Choose the system you have, mine is a 64-bit system and click on the line.
    A new screen will open and there you have the option to install the complete package.
    Install the package and make sure the printer is switched off!!!!
    HP will guide you through the installing procedure as normal.
    Follow the steps and you will eventually get the question to switch on your printer.
    Windows will recognise it and finish the installation.
    My printer automatically printed a test page to insure that it works.

Good luck to you all!!!

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:15 AM
  • Hello there,

I followed the instructions provided in the forum to install my HP Laserjet P1005 onto Windows 7.  It functions, but when I go to print double-sided the 'Continue' button you click once the paper is reloaded has disappeared.  The window pops up telling me to reload the paper and click 'continue', but it's not there.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong? 

Thanks
    Friday, January 08, 2010 12:39 AM
  • Your answer to this matter was simple and straightforward my friend.
    Superb guidance. Thank you.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:29 PM
  • here's the update file  for the P1005 problem on the windows 7

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IK3EBNA1   

TESTED and Work 100%

Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:07 AM
  • Many Thanks,  z_u_here,  you got me out of a jam !!
    Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:08 AM
  • thanks a lot z_u_here  , i get my solution from your answer.
    Friday, April 02, 2010 10:11 PM
  • I can this from p1005 driver for windpws 7
    Monday, April 12, 2010 7:38 PM
  • Hi All,
    Alternative download link go to site p1005 driver windows 7 

Good Luck

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:42 PM
  • hello every body

i had the same problem, with my printer on win7, but i got the problem corrected while visiting to this site. moreover i am very thankful to Mr z_u_here for his detail discription of the installation procedure. i just followed and now the is working, thank you very much

wishes

NAbi

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:36 AM
  • thanks andy song

i followd your instruction and i got success in installing my hp 1005 printer driver

many many thanks

Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:37 PM
  • Hi all,

Trying several times to install HP laser Jet 1005 series on my Toshiba Satellite C650 but no luck so far.My colleague has the same printer and a lap top he purchased a year and a half ago, computer found printer straight away. I got HP link but this does not work either. Any Solutions ? anybody out there to help. desperate.

Regards

John

Thursday, December 15, 2011 2:50 PM
  • Thank you very much z_u_here. Finally, it really works.
    Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:15 PM