none
Windows 7 and Gadgets

Question

• I upgraded my Windows Vista build last night to Windows 7and I noticed when it  completed that my gadgets were scattered all over the screen and in some cases, overlayed desktop icons. I tried to use the internal help to find out how to move gadgets and can't figure it out. The documentation says that this version of Windows doesn't support the sidebar but that you can put a gadget anywhere on the screen. How do you move them when you create them?
    • Moved by OthorvathMVP, Moderator Saturday, January 10, 2009 10:17 PM (Moved from Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment to Windows 7 User Interface)
    Friday, January 09, 2009 7:58 PM

Answers

• When you mouse over the Gadget you will see a Rectangle with a bunch of dots in it.  That is the area you can click and drag to move the Gadget to place it anywhere you want on your desktop.
    ~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Friday, January 09, 2009 8:15 PM
  • There are a couple of ways to move your gadgets. 

1) You can click and drag the gadget
    2) You can right click on the gadget and select "Move"
    3) You can use the the control (looks like a 3x4 grid of dots) that appears to the right of the gadget when your cursor is on top of the gadget to drag.

Joe
    Friday, January 09, 2009 8:16 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• When you mouse over the Gadget you will see a Rectangle with a bunch of dots in it.  That is the area you can click and drag to move the Gadget to place it anywhere you want on your desktop.
    ~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Friday, January 09, 2009 8:15 PM
  • There are a couple of ways to move your gadgets. 

3) You can use the the control (looks like a 3x4 grid of dots) that appears to the right of the gadget when your cursor is on top of the gadget to drag.

Joe
    Friday, January 09, 2009 8:16 PM
    Answerer
  • Much in the same way as you could drag items from the sidebar to the desktop in vista.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:45 PM
  • Joe Shonk said:

There are a couple of ways to move your gadgets. 

Joe

1) works, but work not if a "onclick" Action apply to the Background

2) don't work in Windows 7

3) works always

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:47 PM