none
Windows 7 Installation Error code 0x800703EE,0x80070017

Question

• When Installing the Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit OS from DVD source in a virtual PC console(Windows vista x64,512MB Virtual PC-Not an Hyper-V Console) in my Windows Server 2008 R2 OS there is an error pertains.( ie,Error code 0x800703EE,0x80070017-windows cannot install required files.Make sure all files required for installation are available,and restart the installation). Please tell me what is this error? and what is the actual remedy for this?
    MumthazMuhsin
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Error code 0x80070017 usually refers to bad media. If this is happening on both your flash drive and your burned DVD media I would recommend that you download the file again as you may have corruption in the ISO itself. So if possible, download the file again. After you download the new copy, try to burn it on a lower setting 4x or 8x. After you burn the disk on a lower setting with the new ISO, then see if you can install Windows 7.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:09 AM
  • When Installing the Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit OS from DVD source in a virtual PC console(Windows vista x64,512MB Virtual PC-Not an Hyper-V Console) in my Windows Server 2008 R2 OS there is an error pertains.( ie,Error code 0x800703EE,0x80070017-windows cannot install required files.Make sure all files required for installation are available,and restart the installation). Please tell me what is this error? and what is the actual remedy for this?
    MumthazMuhsin

Error Code 0×80070017, Error installing Windows 7 or Vista : http://benosullivan.co.uk/windows/are-you-getting-error-code-0x80070017-error-installing-windows-7-or-vista/

your CD ROM is bad , so you can install Windows by USB , or Copy the all files in another Partition :)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Error code 0x80070017 usually refers to bad media. If this is happening on both your flash drive and your burned DVD media I would recommend that you download the file again as you may have corruption in the ISO itself. So if possible, download the file again. After you download the new copy, try to burn it on a lower setting 4x or 8x. After you burn the disk on a lower setting with the new ISO, then see if you can install Windows 7.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:09 AM
    MumthazMuhsin

Error Code 0×80070017, Error installing Windows 7 or Vista : http://benosullivan.co.uk/windows/are-you-getting-error-code-0x80070017-error-installing-windows-7-or-vista/

your CD ROM is bad , so you can install Windows by USB , or Copy the all files in another Partition :)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:46 PM