none
Installing Windows 7 Home Premium from Disk Boot

Question

• Hi,

I had Windows 7 Home Premium installed and I just wanted to reinstall everything but when I boot it up from CD it is not working for some reason. It just goes straight to Windows 7 log in. Seems like ppls been having problems but they do not seem to have exactly same setting as me. Since I am doing Windows 7 to Windows 7. I wanted to format it but instead of just formatting I tried installing it. But now it is not working. And I was wondering if I could get some help, if I could get this to work?

BIOS setting is CD/DVD and I also manually did it by pressing F12.. still not working.
    Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Jae
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 5:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to ask if you had used this CD before. If not, please test it on another computer.

I doubt that the CD was not a boot CD. How did you burn the ISO file?

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:07 AM

All replies

• I meant from DVD that i burned. I downloaded it using student upgrade back in January. So I have the .iso file.
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 5:12 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to ask if you had used this CD before. If not, please test it on another computer.

I doubt that the CD was not a boot CD. How did you burn the ISO file?

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:07 AM