none
Aspect Ratio for mpg files incorrect in WMP12

Question

• I have a bunch of home videos that are 16:9 aspect ratio that display properly in older versions of WMP and also display properly in 3rd party players such as PowerDVD.  For some reason in WMP12 these videos appear "double stretched".  If I intentionally modify the headers to mark the video as 4:3 then the video appears as 16:9.  However, when the headers are marked as 16:9 it appears much wider yet!

In case you're wondering I've tried using DVDPatcher v1.06 as well as VideoReDo to do the aspect ratio correction.  The behavior is consistent regardless of the tool I use to modify the headers.  It's 720x480 video with 16:9 aspect ratio.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:10 PM

All replies

• Same problem for me with videos from JVC Everio Cam : with previous wmp versions i had to set a 16:9 flag to videos so they can play fine in WMP. But in WMP12 originals videos play fine now but my modified videos with 16:9 flag are now too wide and squashed.

I can fix the problem with dvdpatcher but i don't want to convert all my videos again and again as a new wmp version is out.

Sunday, December 27, 2009 12:35 PM