none
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Question

• I un-installed Linksys EasyLink Advisor and now my keyboard doesn't work. In device manager, my Microsoft USB Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (IntelliType Pro) has a yellow " ! " next to it. Update driver tells me I have the latest driver. Right clicking to properties, the device status shows the message I put in the subject of this post. Clicking on "Check  for solutions..." shows a window "checking for a solution" but then just disappears. I've tried System Restore and it didn't help. I'm assuming I need to do something in the Registry but don't know where. I'm running 32bit Windows Vista Ultimate, and having to type this on the On-Screen Keyboard, what a PITA.....

I've tried doing the regedit from the Pioneer DVR-K17RS ATA ACER CODE=39 post except I was in the keyboard {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} folder. It didn't get the keyboard working, but the yellow " ! " next to it in the device manager is gone. I've even tried another USB keyboard. It shows Windows loading the drivers for it but it doesn't work either.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Monday, December 01, 2008 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue is more hardware driver related. We are not familiar with Microsoft Hardware Products. It is recommended that you post the issue in Microsoft Hardware Products Discussions Group. They mainly focus on Microsoft Hardware Products question and problem.

Discussions in Microsoft Hardware Products

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read it can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 9:31 AM

All replies

•  Daav_H wrote:

I un-installed Linksys EasyLink Advisor and now my keyboard doesn't work. In device manager, my Microsoft USB Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (IntelliType Pro) has a yellow " ! " next to it. Update driver tells me I have the latest driver. Right clicking to properties, the device status shows the message I put in the subject of this post. Clicking on "Check  for solutions..." shows a window "checking for a solution" but then just disappears. I've tried System Restore and it didn't help. I'm assuming I need to do something in the Registry but don't know where. I'm running 32bit Windows Vista Ultimate, and having to type this on the On-Screen Keyboard, what a PITA.....

I've tried doing the regedit from the Pioneer DVR-K17RS ATA ACER CODE=39 post except I was in the keyboard {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} folder. It didn't get the keyboard working, but the yellow " ! " next to it in the device manager is gone. I've even tried another USB keyboard. It shows Windows loading the drivers for it but it doesn't work either.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

It kind of sounds like the easylink software replaced the keyboard driver...

Try the following:

Go into device mangler and uninstall the keyboard driver.

Then reboot and let Windows detect the keyboard.

What happens when you do that?

Monday, December 01, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Thank you for the help, Mandark. Unfortunately that didn't work either.

It's got to be something w/ Vista, the keyboard works in the bios & upto the login screen. Once the login screen comes up, the keyboard goes dead. It doesn' matter if I'm in Safe Mode either. I'm trying hard not to wipe the drive and reinstall everything...There's got to be an easier way.

• Proposed as answer by RodolfoAmelong Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:03 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by RodolfoAmelong Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:04 AM
    Monday, December 01, 2008 9:27 PM
  • Hi,

This issue is more hardware driver related. We are not familiar with Microsoft Hardware Products. It is recommended that you post the issue in Microsoft Hardware Products Discussions Group. They mainly focus on Microsoft Hardware Products question and problem.

Discussions in Microsoft Hardware Products

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read it can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 9:31 AM