none
Windows Store Tile Wont Open

Question

• Hi, I'm on Win8 Pro x64

I've upgraded from Win7 which is where I think the issue has come from.

Whenever I try and click the Windows Store tile on the startscreen it does nothing.

I've already tried the fixes for:

UAC Level, Apps Trouble shooter, Make Local Account, Hi-Resolution/Driver update

I check my Event Viewer, and there is a error produced by every click.

The error is as follows

Activation of application winstore_cw5n1h2txyewy!Windows.Store failed with error: This application failed to launch because of an issue with its licence. Please try again in a moment. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

I've read lots of people having similar situations, however I've not found an easy to follow solution.

So please bare with me as I'm new to policys/domains and stuff

Many Thanks

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Base on my test, Windows Store Tile will be showed the number of updates. If it hasn’t any updates to install, Store Tile will not show.

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 30, 2012 7:22 AM
  • The store tile has a bug in it.. Some times the store tile says "not connected to Internet". Refresh again and works fine.

Thanks Praveen

Friday, November 30, 2012 10:01 AM
  • I never said it wouldnt show, it always shows, just never works.
    Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:18 PM
  • It never says "not connected to the internet" it does exactly what i Said it does. Nothing.
    Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:18 PM
  • Hi,

Try to temporary disable firewall and security program for test.

If the issue persists, try to perform a system refresh to see if the same issue occurs.

Click Control Panel
    Click General on the left column
    Under the Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 03, 2012 3:36 AM
  • Havent got any 3rd party firewalls/security and I've already tried that.

There's not a chance in hell that I'm refreshing the PC, Cant/Not re-installing all my software because of the MS bug

Monday, December 03, 2012 8:12 PM
  • If this is still an issue - or for those looking for a solution, I fixed a similar issue to this by setting up a new temporary account. I know you made a brief mention that you created a local account, but I had nearly the exact same issue (This application failed to launch because of an issue with its license), and creating a temp administrator account fixed it for me.

Below is more on the process that worked for me... I hope this helps!

I also found creating new user via Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage Another Account > Add a new user in PC Settings didn't work, because PC Settings doesn't launch...

So I fixed this by opening Computer Management > Expand "Local Users and Groups" > "Users" > Right-click and "New User..." > give it any temporary name and leave the password clear > Uncheck "User much change password at next logon" > "Create" > "Close" > Double-click to open the newly created user account > "Member of" tab > "Add..." > type in "Administrators" in the object names field > "OK" > "OK"

Then I completely logged out of my normal account, and logged in to the temporary account. You should get the new profile Windows 8 setup screens showing you "A new way to use Windows" and so on. During this time, it will install the default set of apps ... once the Metro screen appears ... try to launch the store and PC Settings, they should work.

So then I rebooted and logged back into my normal account, and the Store and PC Settings worked again. Therefore, the issue seems to be fixed - at least for the moment.

... Don't forget to delete the temporary administrator account using Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage... > Temporary account > Delete this account and files.

Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:51 PM