none
Problem found: The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running

Question

• Whenever I attempt to run network diagnostics Windows 7 Ultimate response with Problem
    found: The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running. <o:p></o:p>

I usually find my own solution to the network problem. However, not to the inability to run
    diagnostics. In addition, in my attempt to find a solution, the Diagnostic
    Policy Service Properties has become corrupted. The run under this account information
    is not valid.

So I basically need the account and password for the service. In addition, once I have that info properly
    inserted, I need a way to get the diagnostics to actually run.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to share you the following article to troubleshoot the Windows Diagnostic Policy service.

"Diagnostic Policy Service" does not start

Also try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Restart the machine in Safe Mode and perform a System Restore for a test.

2. Uninstall all network adapters in Device Manager and restart the machine. Then the adapters will be reinstalled automatically and check whether the service can be started now.

If the issue persists after performing above suggestions, I suggest you run System File Checker (SFC) to verify whether any system file is 

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 18, 2013 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi, try this:

Go to services and get properties from “Diagnostics Policy Service” then go to “Log On” tab and choose “This Account” then type “Local Service” as your account name and delete both fields of password if there is anything on them. Then close the form by Ok and restart the service.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:14 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to share you the following article to troubleshoot the Windows Diagnostic Policy service.

"Diagnostic Policy Service" does not start

Also try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Restart the machine in Safe Mode and perform a System Restore for a test.

2. Uninstall all network adapters in Device Manager and restart the machine. Then the adapters will be reinstalled automatically and check whether the service can be started now.

If the issue persists after performing above suggestions, I suggest you run System File Checker (SFC) to verify whether any system file is 

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 18, 2013 6:00 AM