none
Memory_Management Stop 0x01a and other blue screens in Windows 7

Question

• If anyone would kindly take the time to read this life story any help would be greatly appreciated!

I built a computer back when the 2010 began and have had nothing but blue screens and problems. I dont want to say im desperate but I am desperately searching for answers on this wild goose hunt of questions and answers I have been getting. I feel like everytime I fix a problem a new one arrises. Anyway..

To make a long story short, I built a pc with a Sopranors case I7 860 processor, DP55WG MB, 4 (2x) G.Skill DDR3 ram, 900W power supply, WD 1 TB Caviar Black HD, GTS250 pre OC graphics card.

I clean installed this the first day it was built, everything seemed to be running fine for about 3 days. 3 Mornings later I turn it on and boom blue screens (always seemed to be different) consisting of 0x02d, 0x04e, 0x07e, 0x024, 0x034, and so on. My brothers friend who is a computer technician told me that the motherboard was faulty and to get a warranty replacement. I waited 2 weeks and sure enough it was replaced I reassembled it and clean installed windows 7 thus again. Around 3 or so days later the blue screens began again. Sometimes windows wouldnt even make it to the loading screen, other times I would be in the middle of something such as itunes. Everytime this happened windows would state that there was one "hardware error" I then ran memtest86 some hard drive program and almost every other single program possible to test for faulty products (including the Geek Squad MRI tests ((I work at Best Buy)) Every single test passed and every single test told me the same thing; that everything should be good to go. After clean installing windows numerous times (and yes I have a legit purchased windows 7 ultimate os) I tried seeing if it was some sort of driver problem, I updated the bios, and weeks going by I still cant seem to fix my computer. So the technician told me that the problems should fix if I reset cmos because the ram timings and voltage I was changing were not the correct timings.

Heres the link of the RAM that I have

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231330

I changed the default ram timings from 9 9 9 to 7 8 7 and the voltage from 1.5 to 1.35 ( I was only doing as New Egg stated )

So after resetting cmos I clean installed windows yet again and installed it with 1 stick of ram. After installing I reput my 4 sticks back in and it ran great for 2 days..

This morning every time my computer boots it gets to the desktop and then boom Memory_Management 0x01a (this seems to be the first constant blue screen code)

How can my ram be bad, I ran memtest for over 15 hours and it was sparkling, could it possibly be my motherboard yet again?

Now something I find strange, is that when I went to install windows with just 1 stick of ram, no matter what stick it was if I placed just one in the closest slot to the processor when going to power up a loud obnoxious sound goes on and off and wont even let me start the computer. All of this leads me to believe its another motherboard problem but I replaced my old faulty one!

Please if anyone has any suggestions on how I can fix this I just want a reliable computer I have been trying to fix these problems for over 2 months now.

Thank you
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:52 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your trust.

I have debugged you dump files and find that it seems an unknown memory management error. It may be caused by VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT.

Besides Andre.Ziegler’s reply, I would like to know:

Did the issue once occur when you were using Firefox, Kaspersky Internet Security Suite?

If you have Nvidia product, please reinstall another driver for your display card as a try. (Nvidia graphics driver 196.75 is not stable.)

Meanwhile, you can uninstall the software mentioned above if they exist.

For your reference: http://cid-f88cf0904fc13266.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?uc=1&isFromRichUpload=1

Friday, March 12, 2010 6:11 AM
  • Thanks Nano but I have tried all of that.

I went on G.Skills website and have noticed that my motherboard is not on the Qualified Motherboard List for my ram! Could this be why I am getting this Memory_Management blue screen every time I turn my system on? Could someone please recommend one of the motherboards in the list that I could purchase to get this computer finally up and running?

Here is the website.

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=247&c1=1&c2=3

Thanks
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 2:05 AM
  • From the Intel support site for this motherboard: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dp55wg/sb/CS-030683.htm

"DDR3 1600 or higher memory support on this motherboard requires compatible XMP enabled memory or advanced knowledge of BIOS and manual memory tuning. Individual results may vary"
    That is why you are getting the BIOS blue screen.

"Plug and Play it is not on this motherboard"- Yoda

The 1333 and 1066 will work. The memory with the 9-9-9 or 7-7-7 timings are close to those that Intel QVL shows.
    G-Skill: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?c1=1&c2=3&c3=36

Hopefully, you haven't damaged anything.

No recommendations on a motherboard- everyone has their own preferences.

Saturday, March 13, 2010 1:08 PM
  • Well I am new to building computers and purchased the DP55WG in a bundle deal. After doing some research and checking my rams compatible motherboards I ended up purchasing this asus board last night.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131407

I was looking at the reviews and someone used this board with the same exact ram I have and stated this in his review.

Reviewed By: nmezib on 3/9/2010
    Rating + 5
    Tech Level Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 month to 1 year
    This user purchased this item from Newegg
    Pros: full of features and very easy to use.

Recognized 8 GB of my G.skill DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 instantly upon setting it to X.M.P. in the BIOS. Didn't flash the BIOS yet as I have had no reason to so far.

Very easy to overclock and also very stable.

Turbo V EVO auto overclocking program is actually not a complete piece of junk.
    Cons: Rest of software included in disk is junk. Don't even bother.

When I assemble everything together what does setting "XMP" mean? I am just going to go into my bios and set the ram timings and voltage like I did on the DP55WG correct? This motherboard seems much more user friendly.
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 4:31 PM
  • When I assemble everything together what does setting "XMP" mean? I am just going to go into my bios and set the ram timings and voltage like I did on the DP55WG correct? This motherboard seems much more user friendly.
    Go to Asus support and download the user guide for the new motherboard. Check in the BIOS settings section and find how to enable XMP. 

Leave the timings and voltages on auto until you get it running.

XMP

Invest more time reading and preparing to build and less time troubleshooting. Have the motherboard driver disk available during the install. 
    Good Luck!
    Sunday, March 14, 2010 3:10 AM

All replies

• Greetings,

In my opinion, the issue may be caused by incompatible drivers or RAM conflicts.

What version of Nvidia driver have you installed? I attached a link of Nvidia WHQL driver v 196.21:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_196.21_whql.html

I suggest you to disable Windows update after clean Install.
    Also do no install any drivers except display card and test the computer for some days.

Although RAM has been tested several times, I recommend you to running the computer with two or three sticks to determine whether they have defects when they work together.

We may need debugging the crashed system dump for more information to troubleshoot this kind of issue.
    In order to check more detail info in dump file, I suggest you upload the file to your SkyDrive (public folder). Here is a specific steps for it:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

You can follow the below steps to collect minidump Files
    =================
    1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press “Enter”.
    2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".
    3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small memory dump (128KB)" option is selected.
    4. Make sure "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small dump directory" open box and click “OK”.

If the Blue Screen appears again, please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.
    2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".
    3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092010-01.dmp]) in minidump to this folder.
    4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".
    5. Please upload the file.

Good luck!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:47 AM
  • Thanks for the response,

I have been using the latest nvidia driver, but its weird the day before it started blue screening again I would get onto my desktop and I would get the "Nvidia center has stopped working check for problems"

and you suggest that i never update windows, isn't that bad for having outdated updates?

I will upload the dump files but can you do that even if it is blue screening before I even get to my desktop or does it have to blue screen while running a program or something?
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 11:28 AM

• I will upload the dump files but can you do that even if it is blue screening before I even get to my desktop or does it have to blue screen while running a program or something?
    The dumps are stored in the folder C:\Windows\MiniDump! Copy them to your Desktop and zip them and upload them to your public SkyDrive folder and post the link here.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 1:50 PM
  • Well here are the latest dumps from my recent reformat (about 3 days ago) I wish I had saved the older ones too.

http://cid-5ffa9f63e6f6efd7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Dump/Dump.zip

Thanks for the help
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:26 AM
  • Do you guys need any more information? I just really want to get this fixed.

Thanks
    Friday, March 12, 2010 1:00 AM
  • Have you checked that the RAM is compatible with your mainboard?

1 crash comes from the Readyboost driver and the type of the exact violation is an unknown value which shows me that it is an hardware issue.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Friday, March 12, 2010 1:34 AM
  • Thanks for your trust.

I have debugged you dump files and find that it seems an unknown memory management error. It may be caused by VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT.

Besides Andre.Ziegler’s reply, I would like to know:

Did the issue once occur when you were using Firefox, Kaspersky Internet Security Suite?

If you have Nvidia product, please reinstall another driver for your display card as a try. (Nvidia graphics driver 196.75 is not stable.)

Meanwhile, you can uninstall the software mentioned above if they exist.

For your reference: http://cid-f88cf0904fc13266.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?uc=1&isFromRichUpload=1

Friday, March 12, 2010 6:11 AM
  • Thanks for the response guys,

I honestly never checked if the ram was compatible with my main board, I just figured that the DP55WG would be compatible with any of the new ddr3 ram. Could you recommend a good motherboard that I could purchase (more towards asus) that would be compatible with the i7 the ram and the other specs I have in my set up?

And Martin I always install firefox and kaspersky after clean installing. The blue screens never actually occurred when I was using those specific programs. On my old clean install it blue screened when installing itunes / quicktime.

Thanks
    Friday, March 12, 2010 11:32 AM
  • Hi impact18,
    You may have done this, but I would suggest that the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers should be installed using the add drivers option on the select a drive page during the OS installation process. (same as old F6). Download the floppy files from Intel and extract to a usb flash or HDD and point the add drivers to it and then proceed. Check out the Read Me.

Next, Intel advises that first thing to install after a new OS installation is the chipset update utility.

Finally, there is a 2/17/2010 BIOS. KGIBX10J.86A bios string

You probably have this link saved, but here is the Intel page for the motherboard.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 12:40 PM
  • Thanks Nano but I have tried all of that.

I went on G.Skills website and have noticed that my motherboard is not on the Qualified Motherboard List for my ram! Could this be why I am getting this Memory_Management blue screen every time I turn my system on? Could someone please recommend one of the motherboards in the list that I could purchase to get this computer finally up and running?

Here is the website.

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=247&c1=1&c2=3

Thanks
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 2:05 AM
  • From the Intel support site for this motherboard: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dp55wg/sb/CS-030683.htm

"DDR3 1600 or higher memory support on this motherboard requires compatible XMP enabled memory or advanced knowledge of BIOS and manual memory tuning. Individual results may vary"
    That is why you are getting the BIOS blue screen.

"Plug and Play it is not on this motherboard"- Yoda

The 1333 and 1066 will work. The memory with the 9-9-9 or 7-7-7 timings are close to those that Intel QVL shows.
    G-Skill: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?c1=1&c2=3&c3=36

Hopefully, you haven't damaged anything.

No recommendations on a motherboard- everyone has their own preferences.

Saturday, March 13, 2010 1:08 PM
  • Well I am new to building computers and purchased the DP55WG in a bundle deal. After doing some research and checking my rams compatible motherboards I ended up purchasing this asus board last night.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131407

I was looking at the reviews and someone used this board with the same exact ram I have and stated this in his review.

Reviewed By: nmezib on 3/9/2010
    Rating + 5
    Tech Level Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 month to 1 year
    This user purchased this item from Newegg
    Pros: full of features and very easy to use.

Recognized 8 GB of my G.skill DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 instantly upon setting it to X.M.P. in the BIOS. Didn't flash the BIOS yet as I have had no reason to so far.

Very easy to overclock and also very stable.

Turbo V EVO auto overclocking program is actually not a complete piece of junk.
    Cons: Rest of software included in disk is junk. Don't even bother.

When I assemble everything together what does setting "XMP" mean? I am just going to go into my bios and set the ram timings and voltage like I did on the DP55WG correct? This motherboard seems much more user friendly.
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 4:31 PM
  • When I assemble everything together what does setting "XMP" mean? I am just going to go into my bios and set the ram timings and voltage like I did on the DP55WG correct? This motherboard seems much more user friendly.
    Go to Asus support and download the user guide for the new motherboard. Check in the BIOS settings section and find how to enable XMP. 

Leave the timings and voltages on auto until you get it running.

XMP

Invest more time reading and preparing to build and less time troubleshooting. Have the motherboard driver disk available during the install. 
    Good Luck!
    Sunday, March 14, 2010 3:10 AM
  • I was told that my ram was incompatible with my last board (as told by g.skill) so I recently purchased an Asus p7p55d Evo motherboard. The same thing happened yet again after clean installing my system ran sparkling for almost 2 days and then this morning I turned it on and I received 0x0d1 bsod, and when trying to system restore I received 0x019 (Bad_Pool_Header)

Here is the newest dump (I have gotten 3 bsod but it is only giving me 1 dump?) I really appreciate anyone helping me figure this out it has been 3 months since I have been trying to get this computer to work and it is extremely depressing.

https://cid-5ffa9f63e6f6efd7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Dump/Dump.zip
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:28 PM
  • If anyone could look at this dump for me id really appreciate it.
    Monday, March 22, 2010 10:23 AM
  • Hi impact18,

It's wasn't there on 3/21 and still is not. Can you upload it again?

Monday, March 22, 2010 10:33 AM
  • Impact18,

Since the computer ran well for two days, this error is most likely related to the last change to the computer that you made before the error occurred.

Did you install any software, connect a device, change any settings, install Windows Updates, change a driver, etc.?

Try and reboot and select F8 after the BIOS post and choose Last Known Good Configuration, which should restart Windows and undo the changes that were made.

Monday, March 22, 2010 10:47 AM
  • My apologies, I did not have it set to view for the public. I havent installed much other than the latest graphics card driver, chipset, and audio drivers.
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:28 AM
  • https://cid-5ffa9f63e6f6efd7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Dump/Dump.zip
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:26 AM
  • Computer has been running crystal clean since only putting 2 sticks in, I will be rmaing the other 2.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Friday, March 26, 2010 10:32 AM