none
TV-tuner Aver studio 307

General discussion

• i have install win 7 rc7100 found some problems with my tv-tuner
    windows update found and setup driver correctly, but ANY tv-program craches my system to blue screen trying to use this drivers
    after that, i setup drivers from cd-disc (XP-drivers) and have no more craches, but it works only with flytv 2000 (but it costs some money) and picture quality isn't good, software from Aver can't work under win7 with their old-drivers, and also i have a problem with new driver\software - 30x_drv_v.3.5.x.69\AverTV 6.2.2, it causes crash of windows aero (+many small bugs)
    i had try many programms and setting but Aver studio 307 don't work properly, support service from Aver say: it's old model of tv-card and no longer supported
    finally, i just put away a "flash protection leg" from eeprom-chip and flash my tv-card to Beholder 407FM, after that just setup their drivers and software, and everything works great under Windows 7
    Monday, July 13, 2009 11:05 AM

All replies

• Hello Cross125

That's brilliant... can you describe the process so that other people might benefit?
    People have been trying to get this working since Vista http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistahardware/thread/f218b62d-c691-478a-a8ca-7904e83c6c65

Thanks
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".
    My hangouts Format and Reload or Windrivers
    Monday, July 13, 2009 11:41 AM
    Answerer
  • i know about this problems since Vista, it also work only with flytv 2000, but main reason for reflashing to beholder - picture quality, very poor with flytv2000
    that's funny, but BeholdTV (a programm for beholder tv-cards) base on flytv, but regulary updated and ipmroved - and much better than flytv itself, it's also free of money, for peoples who use beholder tv-cards. There is only one "small" problem to using it - works only with Beholder tv-card\driver. That's why i start to search how to change my Aver studio 307 to Beholder 407FM  (this beholder have same philips 7134+philips 1256 as my Aver)
    1. Aver card has a chip with 8 legs (there is no more other chips with 8 legs on it), you can find black mark on the top of this chip - it means 1st leg, at the top of the other side you can find 7leg connected to resistor
    http://i056.radikal.ru/0907/2e/3f45a1a153d4.jpg
    take a needle or copper bit and put away this 7leg - it's flash protection leg, just disconnect it, nothing more
    2. now you need to download this archive-pack (2,5mb)
    http://slil.ru/27838852
    there you can find flasher, driver, and software beholdTV with configuring patch, unpack this archive to any location you want
    3 install tv-card (without broken leg) to your PC, run saa713x flasher.exe, and press right button in the bottom of window, if everything is ok - programm just close, restart your PC and install drivers from pack (folder "drv_v4380"), then install btv_v486.exe (it's tv-software), in the end intallation process choose not to configure setting, copy Patch486.exe and SAA713x.cfg from folder Behold 4.86 to folder where you install BeholdTV (C:\Programm files\BeholdTv, for example) and run Patch486.exe,
    in 1st line choose AverMedia TV Studio 307
    2nd - Philips FM(FQ) 1256/I H-3
    3rd - AVerMedia RC
    and press a button (there is only one button)
    thats' all, run BeholdTv and watch it

p.s. if there is no sound -  go to preferences->Audio-> set flag "Enable transfer audio stream Via PCI bus"
    you also have no need in loopback cable to tranfer audio stream from tv-card to sound card, actually Aver 307 can transfer audio stream via PCI-bus
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 7:21 AM
  • thanks, but I think your procedure is beyond most users - knocking out the wrong leg of the chip will render the card useless.  It is good to know that it can be done though!
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 6:42 PM
    Answerer
  • thanks, but I think your procedure is beyond most users - knocking out the wrong leg of the chip will render the card useless.  It is good to know that it can be done though!

unfortunately, this tv-tuner is almost useless (under new windows) without reflashing, there is nothing to lose for me
    my procedure is very easy in practice
    yes, it sounds scary and have some risk (just depending your accuracy), but actually this is not hard, it's like installing programm in first time
    Friday, July 24, 2009 11:36 AM