Music app and Video app does not work

Question

• I used to play music from music app and suddenly when i played a music there is a error and my video app immanently closes as it opens please help me I can't live without music

@B1

Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:00 AM

All replies

• I used to play music from music app and suddenly when i played a music there is a error and my video app immanently closes as it opens please help me I can't live without music

@B1

Hello,

Did you install some media codecs pack? When did it start happen you?

Si esta respuesta le ayudó a solucionar su problema puede marcarla. Esto ayudará a otros usuarios a resolver su mismo problema. Participante en news.lechado.com

Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:24 AM
  • This problem started when I reset my windows 8 PC

@B1

Saturday, August 11, 2012 11:18 AM
  • I tried installing the codecs packs too but no luck please help me music is my life please

@B1

Saturday, August 11, 2012 11:26 AM
  • I tried installing the codecs packs too but no luck please help me music is my life please

@B1

Can you insert here un image of the error you receive when you try playing video or music? Have you tried doing it with Windows Media Player 12 or with the Metro apps 8 integrates?

Now that you have installed a codecs pack you will have to format the PC again, I think that if you did it recently it won´t take you many time, because codecs pack cause many problems on PC. If you can´t play some video use VLC that it´s clean with the system. The codecs pack has a technical explanation.

Of course I´ll try helping you in all I can.

Regards, Manu.

Si esta respuesta le ayudó a solucionar su problema puede marcarla. Esto ayudará a otros usuarios a resolver su mismo problema. Participante en news.lechado.com

Saturday, August 11, 2012 11:38 AM
  • divx has all kinds of codecs and i use it to support content that windows cannot play

i own an ipod so i use itunes as well as quicktime

Windows MVP 2011-12, XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

Hardcore Games, Legendary is the only Way to Play

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:13 PM
  • Windows 7 includes almost all type of codecs anyone can need... MPEG-2, DivX, XviD, etc... For example it´s normal in your case that you need to install iTunes for sinchronize with you iPod (i would do it in virtual environment, but it´s alright ;-) and Quicktime, there is no problem because you are adding only some Apple codecs, but the problem is when users start installing packages with codecs (maybe 70 in one pack?). The problem is that when you enter to the Explorer codecs make 'hook', so they have to be charged with the time that it needs and with the problems that can happen if one codec isn´t right and cause explorer reset... and the user doesn´t know where the problem come from...

So, with VLC you can play all videos and music that you can´t with Windows, it´s free and it doesn´t register drivers on the system ;-)

• Edited by Manu1990 Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:02 PM
    Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:01 PM
  • windows 8 has dropped MPEG 2 support so a 3rd party codec will be needed for DVD playback

Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:12 PM
  • windows 8 has dropped MPEG 2 support so a 3rd party codec will be needed for DVD playback

I know it, so in this case you don´t need to pay for a software that includes the MPEG 2 (DVD) codec, because you can use VLC for free, it´s a brilliant app (it seems like if I wan money with it, no! :-), or we can buy (i think that´s the best option) Windows Media Center that only will cost 9.99 € (http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-media-center-add-on-to-cost-999) and it´s one of the best entertainment tools Windows has developed, from my point of view.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:19 PM
  • I have a few old disks with Cyberlink PowerDVD so I am not concerned

I have several codec packs I have downloaded, but DivX seems to have it covered pretty well

I also use WinAMP for unorthodox audio files.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:25 PM
  • I have a few old disks with Cyberlink PowerDVD so I am not concerned

I have several codec packs I have downloaded, but DivX seems to have it covered pretty well

I also use WinAMP for unorthodox audio files.

And there is another problem else with third party codec, they replace system codecs, so they are futher more insecure than Windows codecs, it´s easier detect vulnerabilities on their codecs than on the Microsoft.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:33 PM
  • Some codex packs will do that but divx is properly designed so its not a problem compared to others who may not be as well designed and packaged

Visual Studio is expensive so smaller shops have to use alternatives

Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:42 PM
  • Some codex packs will do that but divx is properly designed so its not a problem compared to others who may not be as well designed and packaged

Visual Studio is expensive so smaller shops have to use alternatives

I agree, but with packages you have many kinds of codecs... and finally they finish causing problems... And sorry, I didn´t understand what Visual Studio has to do here. Thanks.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:45 PM
  • Visual Studio is used widely to develop all of the codecs etc, which can also package them for distriubution

Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Visual Studio is used widely to develop all of the codecs etc, which can also package them for distriubution

Thanks! I learnt today something new ;-)

Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:42 PM
  • images these are the images of error in music app and the video app does not start 

@B1

Sunday, August 12, 2012 8:09 AM
  • images these are the images of error in music app and the video app does not start 

@B1

I looked for the code I saw on the image and i found this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895417, but it´s applicable to Windows Media Player 10. This kind of errors will need a time after W8 be launched to be update for the new operating system.

Are you sure the app has access to the music you´re trying to play? Did you try playing the song with Windows Media Player 12? Maybe it can give us more information about the problem.

Sunday, August 12, 2012 11:00 AM
  • There is a new problem now when I try to preview the music from the home the same error occur but when I play music from my library the songs start but I can't hear it (my ears are working well+I can hear other sounds from apps or while removing a device etc.)  

@B1

Monday, August 13, 2012 1:14 PM
  • There is a new problem now when I try to preview the music from the home the same error occur but when I play music from my library the songs start but I can't hear it (my ears are working well+I can hear other sounds from apps or while removing a device etc.)  

@B1

I insist, with the music app (metro) or with  Windows Media Player 12? and did you make clic on the volume icon to check it is not silenced for the music app you are using?

• Edited by Manu1990 Monday, August 13, 2012 1:34 PM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 1:33 PM
  • I am using the music app (metro) and yes i checked the volume I also tried to connect external speakers to my laptop but no luck !

@B1

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:20 PM
  • I am using the music app (metro) and yes i checked the volume I also tried to connect external speakers to my laptop but no luck !

@B1

Try, please, with Windows Media Player 12 and tell us if the problem persits.

Colobora con el foro:
    Si la respuesta es de utilidad para resolver tu duda/problema, usa la opción "Marcar como repuesta". Otros usuarios con dudas similares -en un futuro- lo agradecerán.

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:25 PM
  • same problem !!!

@B1

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:30 PM
  • same problem !!!

@B1

With a new installation it shouldn´t happen. Maybe the user present profile is damaged... Have you tried creating a new user and playing with him to play music?

Colobora con el foro:
    Si la respuesta es de utilidad para resolver tu duda/problema, usa la opción "Marcar como repuesta". Otros usuarios con dudas similares -en un futuro- lo agradecerán.

Monday, August 13, 2012 3:00 PM
  • I tried that too much before but no luck..

@B1

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:45 PM