none
Windows 7 & AutoCAD 2009

Question

• I have Windows XP Prof & Vista Business at our office. We use AutoCAD as our primary tool for our business.
    When I am trying to install AutoCAD 2009 on Windows 7 64 bit, i am getting an error that this application cannot be installed.
    I have tried installing using a compatibility mode for WinXP Sp2 & Vista SP1 but it fails saying this application cannot be installed.
    Sys Req are: Win 7, 3GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Core2Duo T6600 processor, 512MB ATI Graphic Card.
    Do I need any updates or service packs?
    Thanks in advance

phani
    Saturday, January 09, 2010 7:05 AM

Answers

• is it the 64bit version of autoCAD?
    this could be the problem if it is not.
    and autoCAD is too big and cumbersome to go into a VSLoA environment
    Sorry if my replies are a bit brief but i feel we learn more if we have to think about things. A small clue is better than a spoiler.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:33 AM
    Saturday, January 09, 2010 3:39 PM
  • Hi,

According to Windows 7 Compatibility Center, AutoCAD 2009 may be not compatible with Windows 7. You can try installing it in XP mode. Here is the detailed information:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

If it still does not work, you may need to upgrade your product to latest version or contact Autodesk for direct assistance. Thank you.
    Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Monday, January 11, 2010 9:22 AM

All replies

• is it the 64bit version of autoCAD?
    this could be the problem if it is not.
    and autoCAD is too big and cumbersome to go into a VSLoA environment
    Sorry if my replies are a bit brief but i feel we learn more if we have to think about things. A small clue is better than a spoiler.
    Saturday, January 09, 2010 3:39 PM
  • Hi,

According to Windows 7 Compatibility Center, AutoCAD 2009 may be not compatible with Windows 7. You can try installing it in XP mode. Here is the detailed information:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

If it still does not work, you may need to upgrade your product to latest version or contact Autodesk for direct assistance. Thank you.
    Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Monday, January 11, 2010 9:22 AM
  • I guess I do have 32 bit AutoCAD. Either I have to use the Windows XP mode or get a 64bit version of CAD.

Thanks all.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:01 AM
  • DID YOU KNOW THAT BOTH AUTOCAD 32 BIT AND 64 BIT ARE BOTH ON THE SAME INSTALLATION DISK?

THERE IS A X64 WHICH IS THE 64 BIT YOU MAY NEED AND THE X86 IS THE 32 BIT.

I JUST FOUND THAT OUT.

THANK YOU AUTODESK.

BUBBA13

Saturday, May 01, 2010 7:15 AM
  • This helped me... http://www.longbowsoftware.com/Tips_and_Tricks.php

Hope it helps someone else.
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:52 AM