none
RealTEK ALC888 + Vista Ultimate(TM) x64 = Failure/BlueScreen

Question

• Hello there Microsoft TechNet members,
    I'm having problems with on-board sound card detection(that has been mentioned before but nothing has helped so far). I have an ASRock motherboard, GLAN-ALIVESATA2(w/ RealTEK ALC888 soundcard on-board), and own Microsoft(r) Windows Vista Ultimate(TM) x64 edition. When installed, it detected no sound card, had an Unknown Device that couldn't be resolved(with all of the RealTEK drivers) and a Code 10(device cannot start) High Definition Audio Controller.

No matter how many times I tried uninstalling the drivers and/or the devices, nothing helped. When I forced the sound driver it gave me a blue screen(system:stop caused by RTKVHD64.SYS) each time the driver activated.
    I've tried the boot using unsigned devices, installing all of the driver version releases from 1.50(first to x64 vista) to 1.60(current), formatting the partition and reinstalling vista, but nothing helped.

Please help, Microsoft Team/MVPs,
    XK.
    Friday, March 02, 2007 7:08 PM

All replies

• Great, now I'm buying a new sound card... Not that I have the budget for it after buying the Vista Ultimate, but I'll try hard to eat less this month.

Even my old Creative SoundBlaster PCI 128 doesn't work with Vista.

I wasn't helped,
    XK.
    Saturday, March 03, 2007 9:29 PM
  • Im also having trouble with my high definition sound <realtek> It seems to come in choppy and random.. it also starts to effect the performance of my computer.. I have had several blue screens trying to upload a video. Anyone else having this problem?
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:28 AM
  • Me too. Code 10 on my High Def. Audio too. Had blue screens when loading Realtek drivers, finally managed to get system to run with driver version 1.67. But the audio is still code 10. Still searching the web for a fix.
    Thursday, June 07, 2007 9:11 PM
  •  

Hi,

Something clicked in my head last night. I'd recently bought the mobo so it had never crossed my mind to check out the BIOS version. Got up this morning and checked, the bios was well out of date (v1.50 29-Aug-06) and one of the subsequent updates (v1.70) was for an audio patch for Vista. I've updated to the latest version (v2.50) and things seem to be running fine for me now.

If this may be the problem, the bios update can be found from the link below.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=ALiveSATA2-GLAN&s

Hope this helps.

Saturday, June 09, 2007 10:39 AM
  • Something clicked in my head last night. I'd recently bought the mobo so it had never crossed my mind to check out the BIOS version. Got up this morning and checked, the bios was well out of date (v1.50 29-Aug-06) and one of the subsequent updates (v1.70) was for an audio patch for Vista. I've updated to the latest version (v2.50) and things seem to be running fine for me now.

If this may be the problem, the bios update can be found from the link below.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=ALiveSATA2-GLAN&s

Hope this helps.

I reinstalled my audio driver with a Vista 64-bit and restarted the computer. Still no sound.
    How do I check my BIOS version? I have recently installed Windows 7 BETA.
    Monday, July 06, 2009 4:21 AM