none
This app could not be installed. please try again, Error Code: 0x80070005

Question

• I have two user accounts on my Windows 8 Pro laptop. One user can install apps from the Windows 8 App store without issue, but I can't install apps when logged in to the other user account. Both accounts are part of local administratrs group. I looked at effective permissions for C:\Users\username\appdata fr both accounts, and the effective permissions are Full Control. I know the 0x8007005 is usually a permissions/access issue, but like I said this user is a local admin and has full rights including all subfolders to c:\Users\username.

I am baffled.

Also, I understand that you can install an app that has already been installed under another user by going to "My Apps" instead of re-downloading it but I can't find My Apps anywhere in the settings when I am in the Windows 8 app store app. 

Thanks for any help!

Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:37 PM

All replies

• Temporarily disable antivirus and see the result. If the issue persists, open Registry, change the permission setting for the key HKCU. Make sure that SYSTEM and the user account have full control for this Registry key.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, December 10, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Unfortunately that did not help. I turned off Windows Defender (my only antivirus) and also verified that the SYSTEM account had Full Control rights to the entire HKCU key, and also saw that the user account also has Full Control on that key (I did not have to make any changes). Rebooted after turning off Windows Defender, and the apps still won't install from the Windows 8 App Store.
    Monday, December 10, 2012 7:03 PM