none
my laptop shutdown when i'm play video games after 2-5 minutes..

Question

• hi..why my laptop always shutdown in 2-5 minutes after i'm playing video games??it was happen after i format my laptop to windows 7 nvidia 32bit..before that my os is windows vista home premium..this problem never happen while my os is windows vista..

this is my laptop's sytem informations:

laptop model:ASUS X59GL

-intel core 2 duo cpu T5800@ 2.00GHz

-4 Gb RAM

-nvidia GeForce 8200M G

please help me..thank you..

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:26 AM

Answers

• Is the laptop powering off, or restarting? If it's powering off, it may be overheating. Either way, consider checking the event logs (Event Viewer in Administrative Tools) to see if there are any noteworthy events.

Consider updating your BIOS, as well, if possible.

Also, check the behavior with a clean boot.

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, April 06, 2010 2:17 AM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:07 PM
  • Hi hafiz,

Please first download the device drivers (especially the display card driver) to the latest ones from ASUS.

If the issue persists, you can analyze the mini dump files. You can refer to this knowledge base (KB) article: How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging

Also, you can upload the dump files to us for checking:

1. Click Start, type %SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Please send the ZIP file to SkyDrive at www.skydrive.live.com and let us know the download link.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, April 06, 2010 2:18 AM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:05 AM
  • It sounds like the video card manufacturer/driver maker may have some bugs or issues to work out with the latest driver, then.
    • Marked as answer by hafiz husin Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:24 AM
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 2:41 PM

All replies

• Is the laptop powering off, or restarting? If it's powering off, it may be overheating. Either way, consider checking the event logs (Event Viewer in Administrative Tools) to see if there are any noteworthy events.

Consider updating your BIOS, as well, if possible.

Also, check the behavior with a clean boot.

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, April 06, 2010 2:17 AM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:07 PM
  • Hi hafiz,

Please first download the device drivers (especially the display card driver) to the latest ones from ASUS.

If the issue persists, you can analyze the mini dump files. You can refer to this knowledge base (KB) article: How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging

Also, you can upload the dump files to us for checking:

1. Click Start, type %SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Please send the ZIP file to SkyDrive at www.skydrive.live.com and let us know the download link.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, April 06, 2010 2:18 AM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:05 AM
  • my friend has this same problem in his dell inspiron.

It was due to overheating of the laptop (motherboard in particular), triggering the self protection mechanism to shut down the laptop.it was mainly when playing graphic intensive games like fifa09. there is afree tool called CoreTemp which u can use to monitor the temperature of core when playingand doing other stuff.

Monday, April 05, 2010 10:52 PM
  • There are also products such as lap pads and lap fans (~20 USD) that can help to keep laptops cool, but the fans in these, too, can clog with dust and fail.
    Monday, April 05, 2010 10:55 PM
  • thx for your help..i wanna to send u the dump file but i can't found what u need..for your information..my os now is vista 32bit..i reformat to vista..i think it can solve my problem..but still same..here is the detail i got from event viewer..

log name : application

source : WMI

event id : 10

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

hope it useful for u to determine my problem..please help..i really crazy now..

Wednesday, April 07, 2010 1:07 PM
  • i think it not overheating problem..because before i format my laptop it does not happen..before this i played games about 12hours everyday but it function well not give me problem..

now..i only can play about 2-5minutes..

then my laptop shutdown without warning(blackscreen)..

Wednesday, April 07, 2010 1:16 PM
  • after installed vista service pack 1.
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 4:42 AM
  • thanks to all who are giving information in this forum..actually i have know what are the problem.

1st, windows 7 cannot support video games even the driver matched.

when i install vista back my problem still occur because i use the driver for windows 7. Because the provider said that the driver are compatible with vista and 7.

But after Linda ask me to download the latest driver i find out back what are driver that truth for my os.

Finally....yes..the driver are the problem in my case as my laptop is asus brand. But the driver i installed now is older than the driver that giving me the problem.

now..i can enjoy the video games for a long period.

thanks all... :-)

Thursday, April 08, 2010 2:22 PM
  • It sounds like the video card manufacturer/driver maker may have some bugs or issues to work out with the latest driver, then.
    • Marked as answer by hafiz husin Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:24 AM
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 2:41 PM
  • yeah..i agreed with u no compromise..
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:25 AM