none
media center cannot detect ir receiver

Question

• Just moved to new home...in trying to set up media Center...I keep getting an error in setup saying MC cannot detect your IR receiver.

To my knowledge I have never used the Hauppauge remote (WinTV HVR-1255 Model 22xxx  Hybnd ATSC/QAM) that goes with my TV tuner Card. This system is setup same as the old one (previous house) where Win 7 Pro 64bit ran Media Center without any issues or problems.

Nor did I have any problems seting up media center as far as hardware not found issues at the old house.  I do not use a remote control for Media Center...and I never had a remote (IR) setup for any Media Center running on any of the PC's in the old house

Media Center setup finds the TV signal. Can I disable or bypass the TV Setup screen that fails on IR Hardware Configuration and how ?

Thanks...TiminAz

• Edited by TRINAZ Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:25 PM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:25 PM

Answers

• Hi TiminAz,

Please try the following methods to solve this issue:

Method 1: Check for the Windows Media Center Receiver Service.

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Administrative Tools and then click Services.

OR: Click Start, type services.msc in search box, and then press Enter.

1. In the right pane of the      Services snap-in, locate the Windows Media Center Receiver Service.
    2. Double-click      this service, and select Local System account in the Log On      tab.
    3.  Click Apply and OK.
    4. Right-click the Windows Media Center Receiver Service and select the Restart.

Method 2: Perform a system restore

According to your words, Windows Media Center was working before, so try to restore the operating system to an earlier point.

1. Click Start, and then type System Restore in the search box.
    2. Click System Restore in the list of results.  If you're prompted for      an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

For your information, please review this article System Restore to get more help.

Method 3: Run the Fix it “How do I troubleshoot problem with by TV tuner card” from the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Watching-TV-in-Windows-Media-Center-frequently-asked-questions

For your information, please review the articles What should I know before adding TV tuners to use with Windows Media Center? and Troubleshoot problems with watching TV on your computer to get more help.

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:46 AM