Just moved to new home...in trying to set up media Center...I keep getting an error in setup saying MC cannot detect your IR receiver.
To my knowledge I have never used the Hauppauge remote (WinTV HVR-1255 Model 22xxx Hybnd ATSC/QAM) that goes with my TV tuner Card. This system is setup same as the old one (previous house) where Win 7 Pro 64bit ran Media Center without any issues or problems.
Nor did I have any problems seting up media center as far as hardware not found issues at the old house. I do not use a remote control for Media Center...and I never had a remote (IR) setup for any Media Center running on any of the PC's in the old house
Media Center setup finds the TV signal. Can I disable or bypass the TV Setup screen that fails on IR Hardware Configuration and how ?
- Edited by TRINAZ Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:25 PM
Please try the following methods to solve this issue:
Method 1: Check for the Windows Media Center Receiver Service.
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Administrative Tools and then click Services.
OR: Click Start, type services.msc in search box, and then press Enter.
- In the right pane of the Services snap-in, locate the Windows Media Center Receiver Service.
- Double-click this service, and select Local System account in the Log On tab.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Right-click the Windows Media Center Receiver Service and select the Restart.
Method 2: Perform a system restore
According to your words, Windows Media Center was working before, so try to restore the operating system to an earlier point.
- Click Start, and then type System Restore in the search box.
- Click System Restore in the list of results. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.
For your information, please review this article System Restore to get more help.
Method 3: Run the Fix it “How do I troubleshoot problem with by TV tuner card” from the following link:
For your information, please review the articles What should I know before adding TV tuners to use with Windows Media Center? and Troubleshoot problems with watching TV on your computer to get more help.
- Marked as answer by Lany ZhangMicrosoft employee, Moderator Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:03 AM