none
Windows 7 Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT driver

Question

• The last driver from nvidia site made me reinstall windows 7, which did not open.
    Perhaps choosing vista compatibility before install can help?
    Thanks for your attention
    af
    Sunday, February 08, 2009 8:43 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

I'd suggest using the previous driver in Compatibility mode. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, February 20, 2009 9:29 AM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:48 AM

All replies

• which driver caused that, Im using an 8600GT 256Mb Silent edition, and so far the Windows 7 beta Drivers, the 181.20 WHQL and 181.22WHQL have all worked fine.

By saying did not open, do you mean you just got a black screen?, if thats the case, are you using a DVI or HDMI cable by any chance? if so then switching to a VGA should resolve the problem just now, not perfect i know, but  it has helped other people in the same situation.
    Sunday, February 08, 2009 8:47 PM
  •  That was 181.22 whql for vista 32.
    I'm downloading just now and will try to reinstall preselecting vista compatibility.
    With laserjet 1020, that was ok.
    Hope again . . .
    af
    Sunday, February 08, 2009 8:54 PM
  • It might be a bit late now, but I found perfectly good drivers for my GeForce 9600 in Windows Update. Running at 1920x1200, Left 4 Dead plays fine, etc. Check Windows Update first.
    Monday, February 09, 2009 4:18 PM
  •  

Hello,

I'd suggest using the previous driver in Compatibility mode. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, February 20, 2009 9:29 AM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:48 AM
  • AlexSilvara said:

It might be a bit late now, but I found perfectly good drivers for my GeForce 9600 in Windows Update. Running at 1920x1200, Left 4 Dead plays fine, etc. Check Windows Update first.

Do NOT use the microsoft drivers for the card. I noticed (via BOINC) that CUDA was not detected with the microsoft driver installed. I forced the Vista 64bit drivers to the card which made the screens blink several times. After that BOINC found the CUDA processor w/o problems. Also on the NVIDIA site (or Point of view - my manufacturer) there´s a Windows7 section with specific W7 drivers.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:24 PM
  • Hey, can you please tell me, where nvidia offers the W7 drivers on it's own site?
    They only have a manual how to install the drivers via Windows Update, which does not work for Notebook/W7x64-Combinations.

Greetings
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:43 PM
  • StoffelHenni said:

Hey, can you please tell me, where nvidia offers the W7 drivers on it's own site?
    They only have a manual how to install the drivers via Windows Update, which does not work for Notebook/W7x64-Combinations.

Greetings

http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows_7.html

(I had never looked @ the page but you're correct)
    The NVIDIA drivers for vista seem to work ok for me in W7. I have the x64 W7 Ultimate version installed.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 8:26 AM
  • but with an normal 9600 GT I think... I haven't foud working Drivers for the 9600M GT yet...
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:15 AM
  • Try this:

32BIT:
    http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/185series/18520_vista.exe 
    And a modded INF (Copy and replace the original)
    http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/185series/18520_vista/nv_disp.inf

64BIT
    http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/185series/18520_vista64.exe
    And a modded INF (Copy and replace the original)
    http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/185series/18520_vista64/nv_disp.inf

I have Win7 and the driver works.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:37 PM
  • nVidia Geforce 9600 GT graphics card download driver and update for win7. good luck man
    Wednesday, May 04, 2011 8:46 AM