none
Windows 7: List of Programs in Add/Remove is not displaying all of my installed programs.

Question

• Hello everyone,

Build: Win7 Ultimate 32-bit

I suddenly noticed that the list of programs on my add/remove is incomplete. I have more than 20 installed applications, then when I try to clear up some unused programs by uninstalling them, my add/remove programs is only displaying 3 installed applications. I also have windows 7 manager, which has 'Smart Uninstaler', I tried to use that and to my surprise, it's showing me the same thing, only 3 installed applications. I tested all the applications that I installed and they are all running just fine so it's odd seeing only 3 installed applications all of a sudden.

Having this, I tried running StartUp Repair. no luck. I uninstalled then reinstalled windows 7 manager...the Smart Uninstaller applet is only showing the same 3 installed programs. To make it more interesting, I downloaded Revo Uninstaller (freeware) and to my surprise it shows all my installed programs and it allowed me to uninstall those things that I want to get rid of.

I am thinking a system restore might help but, I am hoping to find a better alternate solution other than system restore(which I ain't confident that is goin' to work).

Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:15 AM

All replies

• Hello everyone,

Build: Win7 Ultimate 32-bit

I suddenly noticed that the list of programs on my add/remove is incomplete. I have more than 20 installed applications, then when I try to clear up some unused programs by uninstalling them, my add/remove programs is only displaying 3 installed applications. I also have windows 7 manager, which has 'Smart Uninstaler', I tried to use that and to my surprise, it's showing me the same thing, only 3 installed applications. I tested all the applications that I installed and they are all running just fine so it's odd seeing only 3 installed applications all of a sudden.

Having this, I tried running StartUp Repair. no luck. I uninstalled then reinstalled windows 7 manager...the Smart Uninstaller applet is only showing the same 3 installed programs. To make it more interesting, I downloaded Revo Uninstaller (freeware) and to my surprise it shows all my installed programs and it allowed me to uninstall those things that I want to get rid of.

I am thinking a system restore might help but, I am hoping to find a better alternate solution other than system restore(which I ain't confident that is goin' to work).

I have Win7 Home Premium and just started having this same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 10:01 AM
  • If any 3p tool can see all installed programs but Programs & Features not ,it is probably caused any invalid entries in Uninstall key.Use any good registry cleaner which can detect invalid entries in instaled programs.
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:38 PM
  • Thanks Flavius for the insight.

Can you point me where exactly on the registry I should go or what registry fix i should use.

Win7 Ultimate came with pre-installed 30 days trial of Windows 7 Manager(from Yamicsoft) and it has a lot of registry fixes.
    I've been running them periodically since I got this OS and adding to the drama..I think it may have caused this problem in the first place.

Whatcha guys think?

Tuesday, March 02, 2010 3:49 AM