none
Windows 7 + Quickbooks 2009 Pro + payroll functions

Question

• I have been advised by Intuit that QB 2009 Pro will function in Windows 7 but payroll will not...has anyone experienced this problem? It's the only thing stopping me from the upgrade to 7.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Warden77,

After searching from the Intuit QuickBooks website, I find that Intuit QuickBooks 2009 is not fully compatible with Windows 7. The only version of QuickBooks that is compatible with Windows 7 is QuickBooks 2010. To fix the compatibility issue, Intuit’s Technical support suggests to upgrade to QuickBooks 2010. For more information, you may check the following link:

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/Support/Pages/KnowledgeBaseArticle/898435

Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

I also would like to suggest you try to run QuickBooks 2009 under Windows Vista Compatibility Mode.

1. Right-click the .exe file of the QuickBooks 2009 and choose Properties.

2. Click the "Compatibility" tab.

3. Please check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)".

4. Select "Run this program as an administrator" option under the Privilege Level.

5. Click Apply, click OK.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:54 AM