none
Creating a Winpe_x86 for windows 7 that includes some of my prefered Utilities and programs

Question

• I would like to install certain utilities like ghost80 and other programs like freecell on my winpe that I am creating. Where should I install them on my Techician Computer? I should beable to type in the command on the command line. For example, type in putty and display a GUI.
    Juan Sanabria
    Saturday, November 05, 2011 4:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• You need to use the Windows Automation Kit

First download the version for Windows 7

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5753

Then download the update for Service Pack 1

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5188

Then install and read the "Windows PE Users' Guide" has a section about adding customised applications.

(NB you must have the license for the programme)

What did you break today ? on second thoughts don't tell me, let me guess.
    Saturday, November 05, 2011 10:14 AM
  • Thank you for taking the time to responsed to my thread. I'm a student at Miami Dade College, the windows 7 that I installed on my Vitual machine was downloaded from MSDNAA. The license is good for a couple of weeks.

I have Windows AIK already installed on my Tech computer, I created winpe_x86 iso file. But I need to add a few Utilties to the already created iso file. When I initially created the winpe I used the DISM command.

Now I would like to add some items to the already created winpe.

When I open the Win sys image mgr and select win image I can not find the install.wim folder.

If there is a community to post answers and questions other than this one, that I could post my questions so as to get help from the brotherhood of microsoft users please let me know.

Juan Sanabria
    Saturday, November 05, 2011 3:32 PM
  •  

Hi,

Please understand, BOOT.WIM contains a bootable version of Windows PE from which the installation is performed. Other setup files are contained in the file INSTALL.WIM.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 14, 2011 3:38 AM