none
Windows 7 PE

Question

• Hi,

Is it allowed to add Remote Desktop Client (mstsc) to Windows 7 PE ?

Regards.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:03 AM

Answers

• Sorry, but Juke Chou is not correct. You are not allowed to use WinPE as a remote desktop client (even though it's technically possible).

From the Windows AIK 2.0 license terms:

Windows Pre-Installation Environment.
    You may install and use the Windows Pre-Installation Environment for purposes of diagnosing and recovering Windows operating system software. For the avoidance of doubt, you may not use the Windows Pre-Installation Environment for any other purpose, including without limitation as a general operating system, as a thin client or as a remote desktop client.

/ Johan

• Proposed as answer by Kristof Vandervorst Monday, February 07, 2011 9:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by S S P Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:55 AM
    Monday, February 07, 2011 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is it allowed to add Remote Desktop Client (mstsc) to Windows 7 PE ?

Regards.

Someone please provide answer to this !!
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:40 AM
  • Hi,

You may refer to the following link.

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=9189

But we can not ensure this feature work perfectly.

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 28, 2011 1:10 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I made it work. Actually I wanted to know whether its legal ?

Regards.

Monday, January 31, 2011 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I made it work. Actually I wanted to know whether its legal ?

Regards.

Someone please respond to this..
    Monday, February 07, 2011 5:18 AM
  • Hi,

You can do when needed, but I do not recommend this method as normal usage.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, February 07, 2011 6:02 AM
  • Sorry, but Juke Chou is not correct. You are not allowed to use WinPE as a remote desktop client (even though it's technically possible).

From the Windows AIK 2.0 license terms:

Windows Pre-Installation Environment.
    You may install and use the Windows Pre-Installation Environment for purposes of diagnosing and recovering Windows operating system software. For the avoidance of doubt, you may not use the Windows Pre-Installation Environment for any other purpose, including without limitation as a general operating system, as a thin client or as a remote desktop client.

/ Johan

• Proposed as answer by Kristof Vandervorst Monday, February 07, 2011 9:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by S S P Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:55 AM
    Monday, February 07, 2011 11:59 AM
  • Thank You Johan..

Regards,

Sandip

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:55 AM