none
Windows update wont work, error code 80070643. Have tried almost everything

Question

• I don't know how this problem started, but I noticed a problem when attempted to install .net framework 4 and getting error code '1935'. I noticed that windows update wasn't working and have tried everything (getting remote controlled by two microsoft support employees, system restores to factory settings, turning features on and off) to no avail. 

Please help, I simply don't know what to do anymore

Monday, August 13, 2012 12:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you try the following steps to test the issue:

1: Repair the .NET Framework 4 installation

1. Close all programs.

2. Click Start, type Uninstall in the Search box, and then click Uninstall a program.

3. Double-click Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.

4. Select Repair .NET Framework 4 Client Profile to its original state, and then click Next.

5. When the repair is complete, click Finish.

6. Click Restart Now to restart your computer.

7. To install the latest Windows updates, click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.

2. Go to the Windows Downloads website, manually download and install the .NET Framework 4 updates

3. Use dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip to reinstall .NET Framework 4

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

For more information about the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool, go to the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool User's Guide blog post

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:01 AM

All replies

• http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

Justin | http://patchmypc.net

Monday, August 13, 2012 12:54 AM
  • I tried that already -.-
    Monday, August 13, 2012 1:15 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you try the following steps to test the issue:

1: Repair the .NET Framework 4 installation

1. Close all programs.

2. Click Start, type Uninstall in the Search box, and then click Uninstall a program.

3. Double-click Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.

4. Select Repair .NET Framework 4 Client Profile to its original state, and then click Next.

5. When the repair is complete, click Finish.

6. Click Restart Now to restart your computer.

7. To install the latest Windows updates, click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.

2. Go to the Windows Downloads website, manually download and install the .NET Framework 4 updates

3. Use dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip to reinstall .NET Framework 4

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

For more information about the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool, go to the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool User's Guide blog post

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:01 AM