none
Keyboard symbol problem, mainly these three ~ ^ ".

Question

• I am using an acer laptop 6920, on windows 7 ultimate 64 bits.
    I was previously using it, no problem with my keyboard.
    However, i decided to reformat my computer, and when selecting my Language, i accidentally chose English(UK).

This decision also affect my keyboard inputs, and i had to change it manually into English(Singapore) in the control panel - im from singapore.

However, despite doing so,i still have some problems with my keyboard symbols.

Whenever i want to type ~ ^ or ", it doesnt show up immediately, it only show up after I type another character like Spacebar, then would it show up.
    I know it isn't much of big problem but it can be quite irritating at times.

I wonder if anyone here can help me with this problem.
    Thanks in advance.

ikashi
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried to change the format and location to Singapore yet? If not, please change them back to Singapore format.

In addition, Please check if you press the Number lock, or other function buttoon while typing symbol. In my opinion, it's better to reinstall your driver for your keyboard, you can try the following steps.

1. Click Start button, type DEVMGMT.MSC in the Search bar, and press Enter.
    2. Expand Keyboards category.
    3. Right click the current keyboard, choose Uninstall.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Click the Action menu to choose the “Scan for hardware changes”.

Now, the keyboard would be recognized automatically. Please check if the device works now. If so, our problem is caused by the incompatible driver update.

Good luck!

John
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:23 AM
    Friday, March 19, 2010 4:00 AM