none
Error Code=0x45d

Question

• I have a 2 month old Acer 5742 which yesterday refused to start. I tried restoring but now get this error code Restore failed-error code=0x45d. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Saturday, August 06, 2011 10:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First, have you tried Last Known Good Configuration option?

Second, when you tried to use Acer recovery disc, have you configured the boot option in BIOS? You should select CD-ROM as the first boot option in this boot sequence. And then, follow the instructions to finish recovery.

If this process failed, it may be related to the recovery disc, it is recommended to contact the Acer support for further help:

Acer Support

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 09, 2011 7:56 AM

All replies

• To resolve the issue start the installation by inserting the CD and press

any key, click repair option from installation type and in the system recovery command window type in commands,

“BOOTREC /FIXMBR”. Then enter “BOOTREC /FIXBOOT” and finally “BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD”. Afterwards follow system restore

from the same repair window.

Cordialement, MCP|MCTS|MCITP Server Administrator MCITP Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 MCITP Enterprise Administrator ITIL Foundation V3
    Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:39 AM
  • Hi thanks for the answer but Acer don't supply an original Windows 7 Disc and when I try from the recovery discs I made I get this message

"Status:)xc000000f"

"Info: Windows failed to load because the NLS data is missing, or corrupt"

Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:56 AM
  • Hi,

First, have you tried Last Known Good Configuration option?

Second, when you tried to use Acer recovery disc, have you configured the boot option in BIOS? You should select CD-ROM as the first boot option in this boot sequence. And then, follow the instructions to finish recovery.

If this process failed, it may be related to the recovery disc, it is recommended to contact the Acer support for further help:

Acer Support

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 09, 2011 7:56 AM