none
Windows 7 View

Question

• Hi,

I'am having a challenge when domain users login to windows 7, they're getting a funny view like that one of server 2008. Kindly advise how to resolve it.

Meshax

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:20 AM

All replies

• Troubleshoot problems with Windows AerDo you mean that Aero does not work on the client computer?  If so please refer to:

Troubleshoot problems with Windows Aero
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-problems-with-Windows-Aero

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, March 01, 2012 10:19 AM
  • Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your reply however that not the problem. Am getting the view below instead of the default view of windows 7.

Meshax

Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:40 AM
  • Can they manually change the desktop view?

To specify that clients have Aero theme by default,  create a GPO, navigate to:

[User Configuration\policies\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Personalization]

Configure the  “load a specific theme” on the right panel, enabled this policy and type in the path “%windir%\Resources\Themes\aero.theme” without quotes.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, March 05, 2012 6:16 AM
  • Hi Arthur, I am having some XP clients will it affect? again my GPO is running on server 2003?

Meshax

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 3:44 PM
  • Consider to involve a Windows Server 2008 or higher server, or edit the policy withing the policy mmc in a Windows 7 client. To do so, in Windows 7 open mmc.exe, add Group Policy snap-in, direct the snap-in to your AD server.

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:46 AM