none
Windows 8 winload.exe error

Question

• A day ago I shut down my laptop and plugged out the charger and went to bed I thought the update wouldn't take so long

And in the morning..guess what..there you are I cant boot...cant get to the dual boot menu just a flashing underscore and black screen and restart loop anyways I tried plugging out the battery and start but nothing

I couldnt get to bios menu either then I found out it was my laptop trying to wake up from hibernation, so I put in windows 7 installation  media and canceled it so I could make my laptop out of "waking up from hibernation mode" now I could get to bios 

I tried a software where I can boot from it "liveboot 2012" I tried system restore and boot files recovery overwrite  but no luck then I was messing With liveboot's disk utility and I set the windows 7 partition to active ( dual booting with windows 8) restarted then I could access windows 7

But when I try windows 8 it shows that error winload.exe missing corrupt signature something something.....

Any advice will be appreciated :D

Cheers

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you use bcdedit to add a new Windows 8 boot entry. The entry just like the output below.

Windows Boot Loader
    -------------------
    identifier              {c71c7fce-e003-11e1-b23d-5c260a473966}
    device                  partition=E:
    path                    \Windows\system32\winload.exe
    description             Windows 8
    locale                  en-US
    inherit                 {bootloadersettings}
    recoverysequence        {c71c7fcb-e003-11e1-b23d-5c260a473966}
    recoveryenabled         Yes
    osdevice                partition=E:
    systemroot              \Windows
    resumeobject            {c71c7fc9-e003-11e1-b23d-5c260a473966}
    nx                      OptIn

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709667(v=ws.10).aspx

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:12 AM
  • Hello, thanks for your reply

Th winload.exe problem was solved but another came "ntoskrnl.exe" 

Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:15 PM
  • Hi,

If so, I think the installation of Windows 8 is broken. Some critical files are missing. Please check that in Windows 7, explore the files in Windows 8 partition.

Juke Chou

Friday, March 22, 2013 2:37 AM
  • I don't know what files could be missing, I ran recovery tool in the installation media but another problem

Came along....! I'm stuck at loading screen it was all fine since the day I got windows 8 back in 2012

Friday, March 22, 2013 2:54 PM
  • Hi,

Now, I suggest booting into Windows RE and see if it can detect the installation and fix it. If not, a clean install is needed.

Juke Chou

Monday, March 25, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Hello, thanks for your reply

Th winload.exe problem was solved but another came "ntoskrnl.exe" 

Try to perform the in-place upgrade of Windows 8:

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

In-Place Upgrade Install (Repair Install) Windows 7 or Windows Vista

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

• Marked as answer by Jay-z999 Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:30 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:00 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for replies and sorry for late reply, how do I do in-place upgrade? my windows 8 is pro wmc

And the problem again is I'm just stuck at loading screen with just the logo

Monday, April 08, 2013 5:14 PM