none
Windows Update Error Code 80070103

Question

• I attempted to run windows automatic update and download the latest Intel Corperation driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family (Prerelease WDDM 1.0 Driver) for my computer and I was confronted with this error Code 80070103. There was nothing on either the windows "help" or the internt as to the problem with this, or even what the error stands for. I would please like some help with this situation.
    Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• I attempted to run windows automatic update and download the latest Intel Corperation driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family (Prerelease WDDM 1.0 Driver) for my computer and I was confronted with this error Code 80070103. There was nothing on either the windows "help" or the internt as to the problem with this, or even what the error stands for. I would please like some help with this situation.
    Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:52 AM
  • Really? Nothing?

Google is your friend. It kicked up 13,500+ hits for Code 80070103.

From the first hit, there was a link to the following web page in the reply:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/help/e5f5a9a7-dfeb-46c4-4345-ce26afedabcd1033.mspx

According to the information posted:

"If you receive Windows Update error 80070103 while installing updates, you might be trying to install a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that has a lower compatibility rating than one you already have installed."

While the post refers to Vista, odds are quite excellent that Microsoft hasn't rewritten the error code table. Therefore, it's possible that driver may already be installed (you grabbed a copy from Intel's web site) OR there may be other issues with the chipset drivers. The above link has suggestions as to what you can do about it.
    • Proposed as answer by Wolfie2k6 Friday, April 03, 2009 6:50 PM
    Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:35 AM
  • Agreed,

Check with the Intel website and see if you have the latest driver.  All drivers that are available from Windows Update are actually OE drivers provided to Microsoft from the equipment manufacturer.

If you already have the latest driver, then disregard the message.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:54 PM
  • This error code usually indicates you already have this driver installed or that you are attempting to install one that has a lower compatability level.
    Thursday, April 02, 2009 1:45 PM
  • Check with the Intel website and see if you have the latest driver.  All drivers that are available from Windows Update are actually OE drivers provided to Microsoft from the equipment manufacturer.

If you already have the latest driver, then disregard the message.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 3:21 PM
  • Also, please see your another thread:

Windows Update Code 80070103

Thanks.

Friday, April 03, 2009 8:45 AM