none
samsung ml-2510 printer driver help

Question

• I have a Samsung ML-2510 that I recently purchased and I can not get it to work with Windows 7.  I have tried the xp driver and the Vista driver running in vista compatibility mode as an administrator and have had no success.  The reason I bought this printer was becuase my older hp deskjet 3745 would not work with Windows 7 and it had no vista driver so I ran it in compatibility mode and it also did not work.  Both these printers work fine in xp mode.  I would like help with the samsung primarily but also with the hp.  thank you.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:27 AM

Answers

• Hello,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, you might continue installing the XP driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows XP in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, August 14, 2009 9:38 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:41 AM

All replies

• I also have a ml-2510 at my office and I have not tried my windows 7 machine with that printer.  If it doesn't work, then I won't be able to print at my desk.  Please let me know when a driver is written.  Thanks.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:53 AM
  • Hello,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, you might continue installing the XP driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows XP in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, August 14, 2009 9:38 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:41 AM
  • thank you for your help but I still have one problem, printers are not located in the device manager (I did not think they were but I googled it to be sure, unless I am just completley overlooking it, if I am I apologize and could you please tell me what they are under).  also I have never gotten this printer to work in windows 7 the only way i can get it to work is using the virtual xp (XP mode).  I do understand that windows 7 and that drivers can take some time to get but the problem is that the universal driver for the samsung does not work even though it says it does.  I can not print a test page.  Same thing with the HP, it says it is installed with the LIDL driver and it also does not work.  The only way I can print is by going into xp mode currently.  Any additionaly help will be appreciated, thank you.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:51 AM
  • I have the same problem as sjonesy2 .  Andy Song's solution does not work because printers do not show up under Device Manager.

Please advise.
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 1:54 AM
  • I have recently installed windows 7 pro and the printer worked fine with windows 7 default drivers.  I just installed winows yesterday and I never installed samsungs official drivers I just let win7 do its thing. 
    Monday, October 26, 2009 3:20 AM
  • Thank you so much. MY PRINTER WORKS.
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:22 AM