none
Xbox 360 wireless controller PC adapter will not connect

Question

• Hi I just bought a pc adapter to connect a 360 controller to my computer. Ive installed the most recent software and tried to connect the controller but when i try to connect the light on the controller spins as it is searching for a receiver and some sort of connection is made because the light on the receiver turns solid but the light on the controller which should be solid in the region labeled "1" is actually blinking in all four regions...How does this thing work?
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to verify if the controller is recognized in Device Manager. How about changing different USB ports?

Please load the latest driver of the receiver adapter and the controller from Microsoft.

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-controller-for-windows#support

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:50 AM
  • The problem might be that the wireless receiver adapter is not getting enough power, this is because it can connect four controller simultaneously. Try plugging in less power consuming keyboard and mouse.
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:01 AM

All replies

• Have you tried run a game, in which is this controller supported?
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:04 AM
  • The problem might be that the wireless receiver adapter is not getting enough power, this is because it can connect four controller simultaneously. Try plugging in less power consuming keyboard and mouse.
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:01 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to verify if the controller is recognized in Device Manager. How about changing different USB ports?

Please load the latest driver of the receiver adapter and the controller from Microsoft.

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-controller-for-windows#support

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:50 AM
  • I am hving the same problem.  I have tried the suggestions but nothing has worked.  Did you find a fix?
    Wednesday, February 08, 2012 5:50 PM
  • I'm having the same problem. I've downloaded the latest drivers and reinstalled everything several times. I've had it for about half a year, and until yesterday, no problems. Then yesterday morning, it refused to connect. It's connected to my laptop, and my 360, so I know they're not broken. And seeing as how it worked without problems before, it's not a power issue either.

My setup:

Win Vista 32bit

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5ghz

3.3GB Ram

Gforce 560Ti GTX

Please advise.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:32 PM
  • Hi the problem is with Windows not connecting the dots between hardware and software. Go to device manager, from there you will find an "unrecognised hardware" section, right click on it and select "properties".

Select the driver tab, then click on "update driver", choose to manually select driver from the driver list.

In order: Microsoft, xbox360 controller.

Driver app should be installed already for this to work. Approx 3mins to fix.

• Proposed as answer by Chris0_777_0 Monday, August 13, 2012 2:25 PM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 2:24 PM
  • Hi the problem is with Windows not connecting the dots between hardware and software. Go to device manager, from there you will find an "unrecognised hardware" section, right click on it and select "properties".

Select the driver tab, then click on "update driver", choose to manually select driver from the driver list.

This worked for me, thanks a lot mate!

Only thing to add is there were a few 'xbox controller' options. I went with the Plug & Play charge kit option and it worked first time :)

Sunday, December 09, 2012 11:37 AM
  • the above helped me find my problem. i didnt have any errors but windows was using my ps3 emulator software, motionjoy, for the drivers and it thats why the receiver wasnt working for me.
    Thursday, January 03, 2013 2:51 AM
  • I have windows 8 64 bit and this didnt work for me. Any other suggestions?
    Thursday, January 03, 2013 11:58 PM

thank you Chris! this worked fine. the drivers were under Windows Class. and i had 4 options available. first 2 had codes and dates (2006, 2009). since the dates were old i didn't choose. those. i did choose the Play and Charge kit option like Naidoo mentioned. kinda worried if that was the right option tho. the last option was simply Windows controller or something.

question; can one use the Play n charge kit to actually hook up a controller? i tried that once but it did nothing. of course i hadn't installed these drivers either tho

and WTF Microsoft?! i have an older wireless PC 360 controller that plays fine. just plugs in and works. this one's very new and everyone is having these problems?? shame MS

• Edited by necrokat Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:32 PM addon
    Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:27 PM
  • Yeah i was having the same problem that the receiver was connecting to the MotioninJoy drivers. Had to uninstall and delete those drivers and it automatically installed the correct microsoft drivers.
    Friday, March 29, 2013 1:50 AM
  • Hey guys is this receiver will support windows 8 64bit??? or can I use the windows 7 64bit drivers for windows 8 !!!
    Friday, August 02, 2013 1:29 AM