none
LSASS.EXE Continuous High I/O

Question

• LSASS.EXE is performing 3 reads and 3 writes per second. According to various threads on the internet this issue has be happening for some years but with no solution. I have seen it currently on my home PC and a friends laptop but not my work laptop. All 3 are standard windows XP SP3 + updates. AV is different on all 3. I think it's about time an answer was found to this problem. Any ideas? (I have already tried one suggested solution to disable autoplay on the CD/DVD drive but that made no difference)

Saturday, January 22, 2011 7:31 AM

All replies

• Have you tried the old fashioned solution of turning all services off. And then turning back on, one by one? Flash, to search from Microsoft, and of course drivers have been known to cause this polling!

The alternative is using process monitor to see which process is causing the activity. And see which process is reading the registry. www.sysinternals.com is owned by Microsoft and is a reliable tool set to figure out problems. 

and of course if you find a solution or sugguestion helpfull then please marked as answered and share your solution results. 

Keith

Friday, March 11, 2011 5:38 AM
  • Have you tried the old fashioned solution of turning all services off. And then turning back on, one by one? Flash, to search from Microsoft, and of course drivers have been known to cause this polling!

The alternative is using process monitor to see which process is causing the activity. And see which process is reading the registry. www.sysinternals.com is owned by Microsoft and is a reliable tool set to figure out problems. 

and of course if you find a solution or sugguestion helpfull then please marked as answered and share your solution results. 

Keith

I find this grimly hilarious.

there are a thousand posts about this issue on the web, and all the answers from ms experts are just like this one.

lsass on VISTA never stops hitting the disk.  it will accumulate I/O hits ad infinitum.  in a given timeframe of, say, 2 hours, the activity of this buggy process on Vista will be 10x that of the same on Windows 7.

I know of no cure at the moment  stopping the process just results in reboots/reloads

Friday, December 02, 2011 4:27 AM
  • hi,

first of all i would like to introduce with lsass.exe error before i go further. lsass.exe is an extremely important system process of the Microsoft Windows operating system that handles what are known as ‘local security’ matters and issues. More specifically, it deals with handling the processes behind your initial logon on to your PC.It basically verifies the validity of user logons to your PC/Server.
    It does this by generating the process responsible for authenticating users for the Winlogon service. fore more info on how to fix lsaas.exe click here.

Friday, December 16, 2011 8:10 PM
  • Hi, I have tried the link on "click here" unfortunately I get

This blog is open to invited readers only

http://freecomputervirusremoval.blogspot.com/

It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

Please can you put the detail in this forum or open up permissions to the blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:58 PM
  • Apparently, Sophiya doesn't care that she's pointing folks to a locked down URL as I'm still getting the same error as 44john44 was - nine months ago...
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:39 PM