none
Can't Print Explorer Webpages using MODI

Question

• When I built my computer with Windows7 (with all Admistrator Privileges) and installed Outlook 2010, I no longer had MODI as a printer option in my Printers folder.  I discovered the MODI is no longer included and went to the Microsoft Website, downloaded the Windows Live Essentials (as instructed), and installed only the MODI.  Now, I can save files to folders when I print to the MODI, but ONLY when I'm in Word, Excel, or other Office Icons, but I can not print with MODI when I'm trying to save an Explorer Webpage to the same folder I can save a Word document, etc.  This used to work perfectly with XP, but I cannot save any Webpages to a folder using MODI as I used to do with my XP.  I keep getting an error message that I don't have access to the folder and to see my Administrator, even though I can save to that same folder if I'm using MODI with an Office product.  I can't tell if it is an Explorer setting or a MODI setting, but I can't get it to print with MODI from an Explorer Webpage.
    Monday, March 12, 2012 2:31 PM

Answers

• I finally solved the problem and then remembered that I had to do the same thing with XP.  You have to go in and turn off User Accounts Control.  Then, you can same files to your HD by printing a Website to MODI.  Case closed.

BillSti

Sunday, March 18, 2012 3:29 AM

All replies