none
HP LaserJet 3052 - Scanner

Question

• The scanner of my HP LaserJet 3052 stopped working after the upgrade from Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 RC 32-bit. I only can select that I want to scan documents using the document feeder. There is no option to scan a paper directly put on the scanner window.

If I press the scan button then the error message “No paper in document feeder is displayed”.

The LaserJet is connected via USB to the computer.

If I press the “Test Scanner” button in the Diagnostic section of the HP LaserJet 3052 Properties page then I get a message that the scanner successfully completed the diagnostic test.

I have no issues to print documents.

I removed the device and added the device again, but this did not help.

Do you have any tips how to fix the scanner?

Saturday, May 23, 2009 9:56 AM

All replies

• Can you initiate the scan from the printer?
    Monday, May 25, 2009 5:45 PM
  • If I initiate the scan from the printer then the printer shows the usual message “Waiting for PC”, but I get the same error message on the PC “No paper in document feeder” as soon as I press the scan button in Windows Fax and Scan.

Monday, May 25, 2009 6:55 PM
  • Where did you get the driver from? There tend to be multiple drivers for multifunction printers, so there may be a missing one you need.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 7:02 PM
  • I have the same problem.
    I've installed the HP driver, there are all of the needed drivers for all function in it!
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:36 PM
  • This most likely comes down to the connection you're using. Windows 7 does work 'okay' with the HP 3052, however I had many issues when I was connecting through a USB hub. Once I removed this and connected directly things started to work better (not perfect - with HP that is too much to hope for!).

Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:41 AM
  • You were doing better than I have.  My LJ3052 scanner stopped working when I replaced XP PC with Vista PC a couple of years ago - it is networked, which appears to be part of the problem.  Good luck.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:45 AM
  • The scanner of my HP LaserJet 3052 stopped working after the upgrade from Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 RC 32-bit. I only can select that I want to scan documents using the document feeder. There is no option to scan a paper directly put on the scanner window.

If I press the scan button then the error message “No paper in document feeder is displayed”.

The LaserJet is connected via USB to the computer.

If I press the “Test Scanner” button in the Diagnostic section of the HP LaserJet 3052 Properties page then I get a message that the scanner successfully completed the diagnostic test.

I have no issues to print documents.

I removed the device and added the device again, but this did not help.

Do you have any tips how to fix the scanner?

• Proposed as answer by Lhaagii dyui Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:37 AM
  • I've experienced this exact same issue at a client's site. They are running Win7 Pro 32-bit. HP only has Vista drivers and says to use those. However before installing the drivers, you must change 4 exe's to run in vista sp2 compatability mode:

Autorun, hpzsetup, hpzstub, and setup.

Again, it works fine except for the flatbed scanner. This client however also has an officejet 6310. When I install the HP Photsmart and Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers, however, I can then select the flatbed for the Officejet 3052. Not only in the HP software that was installed with the 3052, but also in Windows Fax and Scan window!

I don't know if it's just an issue with some .dll's or software updates that come from the officejet software or shared driver files but it works.

I'm wondering if someone knows more about why this works and if there's a simpler way of making the flatbed scanner selectable.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:32 PM