none
Fast User switching

Question

• Can Fast user switching be turned off in windows 7. I am testing Win 7 RC for a enterprise setup and the user switching is causing headaches with my users. ie: if a user logs into the machine then a second user logs in (doesn't matter if the other user logs out or not) afterward. If that user accidentally mistypes his/her password the login prompt requires you to enter the domain as well as the username ex: microsoft.com\johndoe instead of just johndoe and there password. This tends to create a lot of confusion with less experienced users.
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Take following steps to disable Fast User Switching:

1. Click Start, type GPEDIT.MSC in Start Search bar, and press enter.
    2. Navigate to

Local Computer Policy > Computer Congfiguration->Administartor Templates->System->Logon

3. On right panel, double click "Hide entry points for Fast User Switching", enable it.

Hope it helps.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 2:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Take following steps to disable Fast User Switching:

1. Click Start, type GPEDIT.MSC in Start Search bar, and press enter.
    2. Navigate to

Local Computer Policy > Computer Congfiguration->Administartor Templates->System->Logon

3. On right panel, double click "Hide entry points for Fast User Switching", enable it.

Hope it helps.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 2:54 AM
  • This solution does not work

Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:48 PM
  • This solution worked for me. Being as it is a group policy, you must log off and back in for it to take effect. It removed the "Switch User" selection from the Start|Shutdown menu, the ctrl+alt+del menu (log off/shut down/Change password/start task manager), and from a locked workstation.

PCC

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:14 PM