none
"Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (Printer) 06/21/2006 6.1.7601.17514" installs inself and destroy my network

Question

• Hi

I have Windows 7 with a wire to the external modem and a HP psc 750 printer installed.

Once in a while Windows suddently cannot connect to the net. I can then see that the latest restore point only differ from the current Windows in regards to one driver:

"Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (Printer) 06/21/2006 6.1.7601.17514"

I can only connect to the net again by restoring to the latest restore point.

How do I prevent Windows from getting this old driver?

I have reinstalled my pc totally from the "fabric-image", Windows Update has installed everything and my printer driver and network driver is up to date.

I don't need the Remote Desktop, as far as I know, so it is okay if it is disabled in some way.

Morten S.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 11:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Morten,

To disable searching Windows Update manually on a single computer

1. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.

2. In the Tasks list, click Advanced System Settings.

3. On the System Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Installation Settings.

4. Select Never install driver software from Windows Update.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 25, 2013 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Morten,

3. On the System Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Installation Settings.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 25, 2013 6:59 AM
  • Hi Vincent.

Thank you for your reply!

I saw it a few days ago.

When I read the 3 options under "No..." , I thought that I want Windows to automatically install any driver for usb pins, cameras etc., when I connect them for the first time. Will that work, if I choose "Never install driver software from Windows Update"?

For now, I have chosen number 2 of the 3 options. (I have it only in Danish, but it'll be something like "Only install driver software from Windows Update, if it isn't found on the computer".)

If that was a bad choice, please let me know. Otherwise we have to wait a month or two. I have experienced that my error didn't occur for 1.5 months at a time last year, so I don't feel secure about Windows 7 until in a couple of months.

Morten S.

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 7:13 PM
  • Although I use " Never install driver software from Windows Update",it still install into my computer,

I can only now  by restoring to the latest restore point to uninstall that,but that's not a good resolution.

Could anyone tell me how to uninstall this "Remote Desktop Services (Printer) 06212006 6.1.7601.17514"?

THX

Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:21 AM
  • Hi again Vincent.

About a month ago, I had the same problem again, so I restored to the latest restore point and quickly changed my settings to use "Never install driver software from Windows Update". Then it worked fine for a month or so, and suddenly yesterday, I had the same problem: No internet, until i restore to the latest restore point - and the "Remote Desktop Services (Printer) ..." was the only changed program/driver.

In March I talked with the hotlines at Microsoft Denmark, Packard Bell and HP (because someone said that it is because I have a HP PSC 750 printer ). They could not help at all.

Do you have any further suggestions, please, please let me know!

Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:59 PM
  • Hi Morten,

you'd be better off with something like

1. <Windows>+<R>

2. sysdm.cpl @0,2 + <enter> or SystemPropertiesHardware + <enter>

3 Click on 
    Device Installation Settings.

4. Select Never install driver software from Windows Update

Thursday, August 08, 2013 1:42 PM
  • Hi

I have Windows 7 with a wire to the external modem and a HP psc 750 printer installed.

Once in a while Windows suddently cannot connect to the net. I can then see that the latest restore point only differ from the current Windows in regards to one driver:

I can only connect to the net again by restoring to the latest restore point.

How do I prevent Windows from getting this old driver?

I have reinstalled my pc totally from the "fabric-image", Windows Update has installed everything and my printer driver and network driver is up to date.

I don't need the Remote Desktop, as far as I know, so it is okay if it is disabled in some way.

Morten S.

Hello,

Having the same problem. Only way I'm getting my network to work is by system restore. It still keeps installing, even though I've checked the "Never install driver software from Windows Update".

But I don't have any printer connected to the computer. We have an HP printer that works as wireless, but isn't installed on this computer.
    • Edited by Sebastiansen Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:02 PM Printer
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:00 PM
  • Hello,

My problem may be close to yours.

When I start my computer,  it reaches the desktop, I can do nothing. When I put cursor on the task bar it changes for the "processing form".

I reboot for restoration then I see that the latest restore point only differ from the current Windows in regards to one driver:

2 weeks ago, restoring worked, but now, not any more...

Does anyone has an idea?

Friday, December 20, 2013 9:40 AM