none
Jumping cursor fix

Question

• Hi Everyone - Recently reinstalled Vista and subsequently suffered a DREADFUL jumping cursor problem. I couldn't type more than 4 or 5 words without it happening. It was driving me insane ! And I couldn't do my course work :-(

I scoured the net and tried every solution I found including touchfreeze - nada. I determined btw that it wasn't the pad causing the problem as is often suggested, but something else; sorry I don't know what, am no expert.

THEN I saved my doc to Word 2003 from 2007 and copied it to my old XP lappy. Had to to do my work. Thank goodness it worked fine there, but what is most extraordinary is that when I copied it back, it worked fine on my reinstalled Vista/Word 2007 too !! :-)

And what is more this fixed the problem on ALL of the other docs on it too, AND on any NEW ones I opened. Well I don't understand it of course, but there you are, I hope this may help some of you. I haven't tried it in docx yet as I don't use it much.

Still jumps like mad in email, and search boxes, but that will just have to wait for another miracle !

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:01 PM Moved to more appropriate forum catagory (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Friday, November 09, 2012 1:58 PM