none
Microsoft Bus Driver Error (Audio Install)

Question

•  

Hi,

Trying to install the audio driver (Realtek High Definition Driver) but this fails with this error.

"Warning - Microsoft Bus Driver should be loaded in your system before installing Realtek HD Audio driver"

I know this is a problem with SP2 and that there is a HF for it (kb888111xpsp2), but how do I resolve this problem under SP3?

Have slipstreamed SP3 onto a SP1 disc.

Cheers

Saturday, January 05, 2008 9:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Aliaspeter,

If you're having problem installing KB888111XPSP2 over a WinXP installed/slipstreamed with SP3. Try installing KB835221 first before your audio driver.

It works for my hardware.

Regards,

Thomas

Aliaspeter wrote:

I know this is a problem with SP2 and that there is a HF for it (kb888111xpsp2), but how do I resolve this problem under SP3?

Cheers

Sunday, January 06, 2008 12:11 AM

• what exactly is the problem? - this driver installs flawless for me on SP3

That "Warning.." is a very old issue dating back to 2006 but no longer a problem provided you have recent hardware.

Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:11 PM
  •  

I'm unable to install the driver for the audio device, which is onboard and is (P5W DH Deluxe - Realtek ALC882M High Definition Audio).

Sunday, January 06, 2008 12:20 AM
  • You can install KB835221.exe along with QFE.exe using available switches.

Place KB835221.exe and QFE.exe together inside the same folder such as C:\Audio. Open command prompt and navigate to this folder. Type the following command syntax

QFE.exe /passive /overwriteoem /forcerestart

Reinstall the audio driver again.

Note: Only for the daring to test.

Aliaspeter wrote:

I'm unable to install the driver for the audio device, which is onboard and is (P5W DH Deluxe - Realtek ALC882M High Definition Audio).

Sunday, January 06, 2008 1:20 AM
  • Hi Aliaspeter,

Or read the work around in the thread given below suggested by Promathesh Mandal. It might helps.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2575850&SiteID=17

Regards,

Thomas

Aliaspeter wrote:

Cheers

Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:52 AM
  •  ThomasLee wrote:

Or read the work around in the thread given below suggested by Promathesh Mandal. It might helps.

Cheers ThomasLee. Information on the page quoted resolved the problem.

Thanks again.

Sunday, January 06, 2008 11:16 AM

All replies

• what exactly is the problem? - this driver installs flawless for me on SP3

That "Warning.." is a very old issue dating back to 2006 but no longer a problem provided you have recent hardware.

Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:11 PM
  • Hi Aliaspeter,

If you're having problem installing KB888111XPSP2 over a WinXP installed/slipstreamed with SP3. Try installing KB835221 first before your audio driver.

It works for my hardware.

Regards,

Thomas

Aliaspeter wrote:

Cheers

Sunday, January 06, 2008 12:11 AM
  •  

Sunday, January 06, 2008 12:20 AM
  • You can install KB835221.exe along with QFE.exe using available switches.

Place KB835221.exe and QFE.exe together inside the same folder such as C:\Audio. Open command prompt and navigate to this folder. Type the following command syntax

QFE.exe /passive /overwriteoem /forcerestart

Reinstall the audio driver again.

Note: Only for the daring to test.

Aliaspeter wrote:

Sunday, January 06, 2008 1:20 AM
  • Hi Aliaspeter,

Regards,

Thomas

Aliaspeter wrote:

Cheers

Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:52 AM
  •  ThomasLee wrote:

Cheers ThomasLee. Information on the page quoted resolved the problem.

Thanks again.

Sunday, January 06, 2008 11:16 AM
  • Hellow,

it is very easy to fix this problem . .  . . .

1) download this Hot fix for Audio Bus

http://couponmeister.com/blog/HD_Audio/KB835221.exe

Install This Hot Fix . . .

then

2)  Install Your Auodio Drivers

3) Done

By Shrikant B

Email : Shrikantb10@yahoo.com
    Friday, February 29, 2008 5:36 PM
  •  Shrikant Badhe wrote:
    1) download this Hot fix for Audio Bus <link deleted>

Shrikant Badhe,

There are 2 latest/updated UAA class drivers released which supersedes all previous hotfixes, and can be downloaded from Microsoft. Try not to download from any third party websites as it may not be up to date.

1) Released date: Jan 11, 2008 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111

2) Released date: Dec 5, 2008 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835221

Regards,

Thomas

Friday, February 29, 2008 6:10 PM
  • i want a solution to my case  . what can i do now . tell me please

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 11:43 PM

• 2) Released date: Dec 5, 2008 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835221

uh Thomas, you mean December 5, 2007 for KB835221.  hopefully ALL the UAA audio files from KB888111 will be included in the final release of XP SP3.  XP SP3 RC2 refresh only has the hdaudbus.sys file but not the rest of the other UAA HD audio files.
    Wednesday, April 09, 2008 4:47 AM

• This Problem is not common in SP3.But when this error message appears, try doing the same procedure as in SP2. It will for you. Ok..........

Thanks.
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:15 PM
  •  erpmanila3w wrote:

2) Released date: Dec 5, 2008 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835221

uh Thomas, you mean December 5, 2007 for KB835221.  hopefully ALL the UAA audio files from KB888111 will be included in the final release of XP SP3.  XP SP3 RC2 refresh only has the hdaudbus.sys file but not the rest of the other UAA HD audio files.

erpmanila3w,

Sorry, typo error. Yes, I meant Dec 5, 2007.

I had tested SP3 build 5508, and I do not need to install UAA files before I installed the audio driver files.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:21 PM
  •  ramy youssef wrote:

i want a solution to my case  . what can i do now . tell me please

Download the latest driver from http://www.realtek.com.tw/ 

It includes all necessary files.

Lars Kruse

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:31 PM
  • please help me were can i find yhe microsoft high definition audio. i want to to install to my computer. please help me this is my email add. red_men29@yahoo.com. thank u so much

Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:03 AM
  •  redtex wrote:
    please help me were can i find yhe microsoft high definition audio. i want to to install to my computer. please help me this is my email add. red_men29@yahoo.com. thank u so much

redtex,

The information is written on this url (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111).

You need to submit a request to Microsoft before you're allow to download KB888111. The url is at (http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=6294451). After submission, you will be sent an url link to download the file. This file is password protected, the password is updated every 7 days, so make sure you download the file from the url within the given timeframe.

The files you need are found inside this path below.

KB888111_216955_INTL_I386_ZIP\KB888111_Supported_OS_All_Languages\us\x86fre\

Regards,

Thomas

Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:13 AM
  •  

hi .

no comeing same problem. when Install Audio comeing this problem this is my problem asking Microsoft Bus Driver plz help me fast

saravana

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 6:28 PM
  • The High Definition Audio Bus driver is included in servicepack 3.

For older versions of windows XP, download from the soundcard or computer manufacturers website.

Compaq for example has the driver on their support website.

Lars Kruse

Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:09 AM

• Allow an online driver search and it will be installed.
    Thursday, May 08, 2008 10:56 PM
  • New drivers should be able to resolve the problem. I had issue with previous realtek hd audio drivers e.g.

Friday, May 09, 2008 9:09 AM
  •  I had the same problem after a clean install of Windows XP, no audio driver was initially detected and when I went to my motherboard's manufacturer website (on-board audio, realtek hd audio), the installation stopped half way saying microsoft bus driver needed to be installed first.

Apparently, If you install a clean copy of Windows XP (I also remember having this problem in earlier versions of Vista, but not in the new editions...) with the integrated audio in BIOS already turned on, Windows XP will not even detect it upon installation. After XP was installed, I had to go into BIOS, set the integrated audio off completely, let Windows start up, restart the computer, and turn the integrated audio back on before windows starts up again.

I guess this trips some mechanism in Windows, makes it detect your integrated audio as a new piece of hardware. It worked perfectly, I didn't even have to install the manufacturer software to get sound working. Unless you want their equalizing, 5.1, 6.1, ect.

Anyways, I hopes this helps everyone. If it does, please spread the word to other forums with people having the same problem. If not, let me know to kindly crawl under the floor.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:15 AM
  •  

please help me were can i find microsoft bus driver . I want to to install to my computer. please help me this is my email add. hassangaboosh@yahoo.com. thank u so much
    Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:26 PM
  •  

Many thanks for help me to resolve this problem
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:33 PM
  • hi Shrikant Bahde,

really thanks a lot, it's fixed my problem!!^_^

Saturday, September 06, 2008 11:52 PM
  • Virvius, no need to crawl under the floor, lol.  You did it man.  You hit the nail right onthe head.  Thank you SO much!  God I can't believe I wasted so many hours reading and reading and downloading all these drivers.  When in the end it was SO simple.  You were right, I changed the audio setting in the BIOS from AUTO to ENABLED and sure enough just as windows was loading up it recognized the new hardware.  That was so bizarre that you would have to do something like that for it to recognize the hardware.  But THANK GOD for your post.  Once again, thank you man.  You are a genius.  Peace.

Friday, November 21, 2008 4:25 AM
  • didnt work
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:45 PM
  • Hellow,

it is very easy to fix this problem . .  . . .

1) download this Hot fix for Audio Bus

http://couponmeister.com/blog/HD_Audio/KB835221.exe

Install This Hot Fix . . .

then

2)  Install Your Auodio Drivers

3) Done

By Shrikant B

Email : Shrikantb10@yahoo.com
    Thank You! worked for me on fujitsu c1410 with xp sp3!
    10Q
    • Proposed as answer by imranalam Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:28 AM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

Trying to install the audio driver (Realtek High Definition Driver) but this fails with this error.

"Warning - Microsoft Bus Driver should be loaded in your system before installing Realtek HD Audio driver"

imran

Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:30 AM
  •  I had the same problem after a clean install of Windows XP, no audio driver was initially detected and when I went to my motherboard's manufacturer website (on-board audio, realtek hd audio), the installation stopped half way saying microsoft bus driver needed to be installed first.

Apparently, If you install a clean copy of Windows XP (I also remember having this problem in earlier versions of Vista, but not in the new editions...) with the integrated audio in BIOS already turned on, Windows XP will not even detect it upon installation. After XP was installed, I had to go into BIOS, set the integrated audio off completely, let Windows start up, restart the computer, and turn the integrated audio back on before windows starts up again.

I guess this trips some mechanism in Windows, makes it detect your integrated audio as a new piece of hardware. It worked perfectly, I didn't even have to install the manufacturer software to get sound working. Unless you want their equalizing, 5.1, 6.1, ect.

Anyways, I hopes this helps everyone. If it does, please spread the word to other forums with people having the same problem. If not, let me know to kindly crawl under the floor.

I can 100% confirm that this solves the issue on an HP Pavilion m7567c. I work at a computer shop, and was racking my brain trying to figure this out. I downloaded the driver right from the HP website and tried loading all the suggested hotfixes and kept getting the same error message telling me I needed to load the MS bus device before loading the driver.

I wish the people at either HP or MS would provide some real solutions to these kinds of problems. Pretty sad when we can beat them at fixing their own products. For some reason when I changed the onboard audio in BIOS to enabled as opposed to auto it allowed me to install the driver HP provided with no problem at all.

Anyway, I hope anyone having this problem finds this forum and read's the solution that Virvius provided.

Again, many thanks to Virvius for the help!

Thursday, December 23, 2010 7:09 PM
  • hi,

can u help me beacuse when i install realtek high definition audio driver it says "Microsoft Bus Driver" is needed so im looking for a website to download microsoft bus driver..PLZ.REPLY

Saturday, January 08, 2011 1:59 AM
  • lease send me ms bus driver
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:40 PM