none
the operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Question

• When i try to open excel (office 2010) I receive this error the operating system is not presently configured to run this application, I unistalled office and reinstalled again but it error always appear, can you help me please?

Lewis

Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try the solution listed below.

Solution:

1) Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove everything associated with MS Office. Reboot.

2) Do a search online for MS Office 2000/2003 Resource Kits and download them. They are available on microsoft's website if you can ever find them. Probably just easier Google it.

3) In my case I had a previous version of 2003 installed at one point, so I ran the 2003 Resource Kit first. Use the Removal Wizard. Tell it to delete ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS of MS Office. It will delete a list of files.

4) Now run the Office 2000 Resource Kit Removal Wizard and tell it to do the same.

5) Next you need to manually delete the files that are still left behind. Delete these folders -

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11 (or "OFFICE")
     C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE

If the issue persists, I suggest you may try to post a new thread at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/officeitproprevious/threads since it is also related to Office Product.

TechNet Subscriber
    Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user
    and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 14, 2012 8:33 AM