none
my windows live mail will not open

Question

• Hello Folks. I have cut and pasted another persons questions as that is the same problem I have. I use windows live mail as I want to open both pop and hotmail on the same site.  Some how my file seems to get moved and I get the same  2 errors in the enclosed message.

I have a second question if that is possible. I cannot do a back up under any terms. My acer computer has a tool  called acer empowering teck. It will not work the baqck up. If I go to programs and then system tools and try back up it won't open either. It always says it had a critical error. I can't do a restore because they has not been a back up to use. I can only go to restore to the orginal disk and reformate the complete computer. That sucks.

Hi, I have been using Windows Mail successfully with Windows 7 since installation but now something has gone wrong!

I did a disk cleanup earlier with all boxes ticked for getting rid of unnecessary files and since then Windows Mail has been unable to start.  I am assuming this was the cause as nothing else has changed.  I am now getting the following error messages upon clicking the Windows Mail icon:

1st 'Recovering the Windows Live Database' - this comes up twice

2nd 'Windows Live Mail could not be started.  The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store.  Windows Live Mail was unable to locate its message database.  If you've moved the database files to a new location, click OK to reset the database path to that location.  Otherwise, click Cancel to proceed, any existing messages found will be available under Orphaned Accounts. (0x00000000, 2).

** I then click cancel to proceed (clicking OK doesn't do anything different) **

3rd A new window appears with the message 'Windows Live Mail could not be started.  The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store.  Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. (0x8000FFFF, 1400)

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 2:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, since you occured such many issues with Windows Live Mail, I would like to suggest you performing a clean removal of Windows Live Mail then reinstalling it. To do this, please refer to the following steps:

1.Click Start , type programs and features in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. 
    2.In the list of programs, click Windows Live Mail, and then click Uninstall. 
    3.If you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the program, click Yes.

Then launch Windows Live Essentials to get the latest version of Windows Live Mail and perform a clean install.

Secondly, do you use the acer empowering teck to backup your programs? Have you tried with Windows Backup to backup files? If you can use Windows Backup to back up your files normally, the issue is related to the acer empowering teck. I would like to suggest you contacting Acer for support. However, if the issue occurs with Windows Backup, let's verify that Windows Backup Service is started. Meanwhile, please try to perform a clean boot and see how it works. 

Best Regards.
    Dale Qiao
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hello Folks. I have cut and pasted another persons questions as that is the same problem I have. I use windows live mail as I want to open both pop and hotmail on the same site.  Some how my file seems to get moved and I get the same  2 errors in the enclosed message.

I have a second question if that is possible. I cannot do a back up under any terms. My acer computer has a tool  called acer empowering teck. It will not work the baqck up. If I go to programs and then system tools and try back up it won't open either. It always says it had a critical error. I can't do a restore because they has not been a back up to use. I can only go to restore to the orginal disk and reformate the complete computer. That sucks.

Hi, I have been using Windows Mail successfully with Windows 7 since installation but now something has gone wrong!

I did a disk cleanup earlier with all boxes ticked for getting rid of unnecessary files and since then Windows Mail has been unable to start.  I am assuming this was the cause as nothing else has changed.  I am now getting the following error messages upon clicking the Windows Mail icon:

1st 'Recovering the Windows Live Database' - this comes up twice

2nd 'Windows Live Mail could not be started.  The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store.  Windows Live Mail was unable to locate its message database.  If you've moved the database files to a new location, click OK to reset the database path to that location.  Otherwise, click Cancel to proceed, any existing messages found will be available under Orphaned Accounts. (0x00000000, 2).

** I then click cancel to proceed (clicking OK doesn't do anything different) **

3rd A new window appears with the message 'Windows Live Mail could not be started.  The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store.  Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. (0x8000FFFF, 1400)

Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:42 AM
  • Hi,

Firstly, since you occured such many issues with Windows Live Mail, I would like to suggest you performing a clean removal of Windows Live Mail then reinstalling it. To do this, please refer to the following steps:

1.Click Start , type programs and features in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. 
    2.In the list of programs, click Windows Live Mail, and then click Uninstall. 
    3.If you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the program, click Yes.

Then launch Windows Live Essentials to get the latest version of Windows Live Mail and perform a clean install.

Secondly, do you use the acer empowering teck to backup your programs? Have you tried with Windows Backup to backup files? If you can use Windows Backup to back up your files normally, the issue is related to the acer empowering teck. I would like to suggest you contacting Acer for support. However, if the issue occurs with Windows Backup, let's verify that Windows Backup Service is started. Meanwhile, please try to perform a clean boot and see how it works. 

Best Regards.
    Dale Qiao
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:25 AM
  • Hello Dale. The window programs will not delete or uninstall from the controll panel, add and remove programs. I clik uninstall an it does nothing. I have rooted around looking for everthing I can find that is a part of live  essential programs and I still can't get rid of the programs. so I am stuck. The back up will not work regardless of how I try to do one. It appaers to me the the windows back up, the Acer Backup and my utility called Advanced windows care pro; by Iobit. they all go to the aame windows back up file and ty to do the back up. So it appears every one goes to winows back up and tries to run that program. None of them work.
     How do I check to see if the windows back up started. and how do I do a clean boot.  I have been ill and unabkle to respond and tomorrow I go to hospital to have a leg lopped off. I will be in hospital about a week and another two weeks before I will be back at the computer. Please resondand I will check yhe answers as soon as I can Thanks and God Bless rod garnett

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:30 AM
  • I have the EXACT same problem on Vista. I ran a utility called "cleanup!" and I'm getting the exact same errors you get. Did you find a solution?
    thanks,
    Bob
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:11 AM
  • I have the same problem.  I cannot uninstall or reinstall the Windows Live Essential package, and Windows Live Mail will not start.  Are there any solutions?
    Monday, January 18, 2010 2:17 AM
  • I have the same problem, getting the same errors. I uninstalled all live components and did clean install. Same problem. I had also done a disk cleanup before the problem started. Any ideas?
    Monday, January 25, 2010 6:18 AM
  • What will this do to my saved mail and the folders that I have saved messages in?
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:12 PM
  • Windows live mail is sooooo poor and very very unsafe.  I checked my mail and all my mail that was saved for years was gone except for one week.  I hadn't changed any settings for years and now they are missing.  Contacting them for support is impossible and they hide with out a phone number posted anywhere.  When I finally got support through a blog they email you with rediculous standard causes and basically send you aimlessly in a circle of non answeres and so you are screwed and all your info is gone and they don nothing.  DON'T USE THIS SERVICE YOU WILL BE VERY SORRY WHEN THIS HAPPENS TO YOU.
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:56 PM
  • this program is such a shit thing!  it opens up but by the time i click on one email the dumb assed (like microsoft engineers) shuts down!  it says it will look for a solution online but it never does find one!  what i would like to know is why we have to pay good f**king money for this shyte and then have to pay good f**king money again to find a solution for the bullshit bugs they have left in it  (or were too lazy yo debug themselves)!  these microsoft f**king assholes need a good kicking mate!  releaze a beta version of some shit and then expect us the end user to tell them what is wrong with the f**king thing!  just not good enough gates and you useless f**king software engineers!  don't mind taking our money but fix it....you have to be bloody the biggest asshole in the world never mind the richest f**king asshole!   and now i can not get anything in outlook express!  WHAT A LOAD OF FUCKING BULLSHIT GATES!
    Monday, November 21, 2011 8:47 PM
  • why back-up stuff if you don't need to do that?   and why would you want to back up the scam f**king emails anyway????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????  if them lazy fat arsed microsoft c**ts did their job correctly in the first place we wouldn't need beta, 1st upgrade, 2nd upgrade and so forth etc etc!!!  and every time we do have to shell out more dough to these already overly rich and overly fat and overly lazy turds from microsoft!
    Monday, November 21, 2011 8:50 PM
  • By no means a long term fix (and I notice that I may be two years late with this) but you can get at your mail for now with mail.live.com.

Additionally, did you run a disk cleanup prior to getting these problems? That seems to be common.

• Edited by JakeA712 Friday, November 25, 2011 10:00 PM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 10:00 PM
  • When will this cak work?
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:40 PM